Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 794352 times)

So  u sayin menens a fool huh?

IS THAT YOU YOU IS SAYINS?
you're cool

for a fool

except it's a legitimate rule in pixel art that you shouldn't use it
well i would love to see some outside sources that agree on that because i'm not ready to believe it.

So  u sayin menens a fool huh?

IS THAT YOU YOU IS SAYINS?
Yes
Menen will always be fool
Is le you le mad

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:11:43 PM by Yosher »

well i would love to see some outside sources that agree on that because i'm not ready to believe it.
it's on the op

"It's really important that the outline never connects two or more pixels with each other directly, otherwise your lines will look rough and unfinished."

In the drawing outlines section, compare the one on top to the one at the bottom and look at how much better the bottom one looks.

Pff, just because some mysterious man in a cloak is hiding out in some old cave alone from the rest of society, it doesn't make him a hermit

wait

except it's a legitimate rule in pixel art that you shouldn't use it

(colors are wrong and speed's a little too fast since flash 8's being a back door)
WHOOPS BETTER REDO MY PIXEL ART

WHOOPS BETTER REDO MY PIXEL ART

In this case it's acceptable, and looks good even.  But that's because here it's consistent, and the linework is very deliberate and refined.  When Mariofan was doing it, there was no real consistency and the only reason it really looked like that is probably because he just drew it and let it be without giving it a second thought about refining anything.

In this case it's acceptable, and looks good even.  But that's because here it's consistent, and the linework is very deliberate and refined.  When Mariofan was doing it, there was no real consistency and the only reason it really looked like that is probably because he just drew it and let it be without giving it a second thought about refining anything.
this

but that jigglypuff would still look a whole lot better if you unsharpen the edges like I said in one of my previous posts.

My first attempt in making pixelated art:

Second one is a Miniature Schnauzer. Third one is SCP-173.

How's this for starters?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:02:12 PM by KelBlock »

it's on the op
ah, i see what you're talking about.
i never anti-alias the way the artist there is showing, so connecting pixels that way is kind of required in confined spaces.
plus, if you ask me, i think anti-aliasing is a whole different thing you do on top of pixel art; kind of disappointed the artist calls that tutorial "pixel art basics" since now readers are going to get the impression that anti-aliasing is supposed to be used in conjuction with pixel art.

I'm working on some pixel guns for a game that I'm trying to create.

I'm working on some pixel guns for a game that I'm trying to create.
for the first pistol have the gun barrel case extend past the horizontal bound you made; no pistol is designed with a handle attaching to the back since some part of the top has to kick back and load the next bullet in order to be semi-auto.

shotgun looks ok but you might want to think about the purpose of each part. exit end of the barrel is also really small.

revolver is just scaled entirely wrong, look at the positioning of the barrel to the cylinder:

the barrel is aligned to the top end; aka a position where the bullet chambers will line up. you can technically put the barrel to the side or bottom but that would just look odd, since you'll still need to include a mechanism for the hammer to hit the bullet.