Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 784373 times)

ghost fighting duo!

got carried away and made two variants for the second one whoops

hey guys ive been thinking of getting asesprite, does anyone have any experience with it?

Really minor trace but I actually enjoyed the outcome of this too much.

hey guys ive been thinking of getting asesprite, does anyone have any experience with it?
I don't understand why would anyone would use anything except Paint.NET when it has the best interface and environment for pixel art by far of all the "pixel art oriented" programs I seen. The only exception would be animations. In the end it's the user that makes the art, not the tool, and a lot of people use other programs even MSPaint and things don't come out bad at all, but I don't understand why gimp yourself to an extent.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:00:24 AM by LeetZero »

nice bun art

& yeah i love paint.net, i've been using that for pixel art from the very beginning

is it weird that i use paint tool sai's binary tool to make pixel art
i also animate in it somewhat, then import it to gimp to save as a gif

you can actually animate in paint.net if you use 'unFreez'
basicly you save a bunch of .gif images for frames and piece them together in unfreez

Yeah, I always use Paint.NET for my simple works like pixel art. The layout is simple and easy to use.

& yeah i love paint.net, i've been using that for pixel art from the very beginning
is it weird that i use paint tool sai's binary tool to make pixel art
i also animate in it somewhat, then import it to gimp to save as a gif
Yeah, I always use Paint.NET for my simple works like pixel art. The layout is simple and easy to use.
wtf
the last time i told people i used paint.net i got shat apon

wtf
the last time i told people i used paint.net i got shat apon
Use Photoshop you scruberino

I just use Microsoft Paint.  I guess I don't really understand why you'd need anything better for pixel art.  Transparency schmansparency.  (I use Game Maker and Microsoft GIF Animator for animated GIFs though)

Some Fakemon I've made. Not trying to emulate the style so much, because I've chosen a more "jumbo" 256x256 size so that the size difference between small and large monsters can be very apparent.

Lovebugg and its evolution, Skuzzbugg. Both are Bug/Fairy.

Crabma and its evolution, Clawva. Both are Fire/Rock. Clawva is getting resprited pretty soon because its anatomy makes little sense.

Lovebugg and its evolution, Skuzzbugg. Both are Bug/Fairy.

these remind me of 90s cartoon characters, i love em & i love all your art btw

these remind me of 90s cartoon characters, i love em & i love all your art btw
thanks dawg, i was really going for a sort of Zapp Branigan/the Raid bug look for that evolutionary line