Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 778628 times)

so a situation has risen where i need to draw pixel art so i decided to learn how to palette and shade and stuff

this is the culmination of me simultaneously procrastinating and working on it

are there any tips you guys could offer for improving shading/palette??

edit: i always mimic but never learn how to do things myself how do i stop

i like the shading on the cube

the entire blue area looks like it was taken from roblox

not really sure if you can call this original pixel art because it's really just editing numerous frames of sans' sprite sheet

but i wanted to make a mugen character of sans, so i basically just made this thing

(what am i doing with my life?)

Lol, it's actually a monster based off of the bombs from FF that I'm making for my senior project.
Here's the new version that looks a lot better in doom when you can't see every individual face;

I've been trying to shade it like you would pixel art but it's so much tougher with voxels ;n;
i like the shading in this picture. almost looks cel shaded (thats all i rly know what to compare it to)

i like the shading in this picture. almost looks cel shaded (thats all i rly know what to compare it to)
thanks! I'm still trying to figure out a good palette/shading style so I can actually start to make frames for it's actions.
here's the progress I've made so far;

those legs dont look right

Cute DOOM

DOOM for Kids
or just 3d H-doom if they really wanna go there

or just 3d H-doom if they really wanna go there
It was hard enough to convince my school to let me use doom for my senior project c_c

I'm trying to make something like a metroidvania with a cute Kirby-ish look.

custom nuclear throne weapons for a friend