Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 769015 times)

Now put Jerry Seinfeld in front of it doing stand up

dang how'd you make that
i made a basic brick pattern in photoshop, added noise, blurred the noise, then posterized it so it would have like 2 or 3 layers of grayness, overlayed it on the brick pattern, added lighting, then dithered it.

a tad bit more complicated than that though

i made a basic brick pattern in photoshop, added noise, blurred the noise, then posterized it so it would have like 2 or 3 layers of grayness, overlayed it on the brick pattern, added lighting, then dithered it.

a tad bit more complicated than that though
-snip-
I actually heard of pixel artists doing that; a lot of textures are actually just editing tricks and distort effects that are applied to simple patterns.
Like doom1's silver walls were actually just vertical distortion on a simple gradient;

It's amazing how well it works sometimes.

That is a work of art, honestly.

But it isnt a work of pixel art.

So i'm trying to make a little run and gun megaman cavestory type game and i got a nice design for the character but god damn it's so hard to pixel it, can someone help me?

like here's what i got for character design so far

I got this little small dude that's 9 x 25 but god damn it's hard to make it look nice, I was trying to use 24x24 sprites like megaman or 32x32 to have the more room but I just don't know what to do

without visor obv

I didn't really bother with the hair, so you can fix that. I didn't do anything for the face, that's up to you aswell.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:03:26 PM by crazies alt »