Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 784293 times)

http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Art-Tutorial-Colors-184802567
A few weeks ago I just took that pallet thats at the bottom because i dont really understand the tutorial that much.

This part to be exact:

What does it mean by "brightness"? Does it mean Saturation or Value? I don't use the same program. In Paint.NET it has Hue, Value, and Saturation.

Adjust lightness.

Do you want to use my colorset? (It's very messy, yet provides goodness)

Do you want to use my colorset? (It's very messy, yet provides goodness)

yesyes.

yesyes.

If I find any colors that I need, I keep adding to it.

wtf that's a colorset?

i make everything the color i want for just one picture, or i steal RGB numbers from other things.
who needs to be constrained to one set amirightXXXDD

yeah, sometimes i just pick the color i need.

and I thought the one in the tutorial looked big
this is a loving spiderweb
oh god

I'm not a pixel artist. I draw stoof with pixles and use photoshop to apply effects and shading.
Because forget you, that's why.

pretty much any digital art uses pixels, but this is more specifically lower resolution art.

does it make me a bad pixel person if I don't do that spiderstuff? seems more time consuming than anything else

does it make me a bad pixel person if I don't do that spiderstuff? seems more time consuming than anything else

I didn't really like doing it either, I think it's just easier for me to group similar colors in different areas.

damn camera, your colourset is neater than mine, its an eye sore

damn camera, your colourset is neater than mine, its an eye sore

I just added like, 50 more colors. All I did was inverse my current colorset and then add the colors in that aren't there yet. There was a drastic improvement in filling some much needed niches. (I needed more sepias, pinks, and oranges.

I wish I had enough time to come up with good colors and them make a custom pallet for paint.net that has them in it