Author Topic: Battlezone  (Read 2754 times)

Click gif 4 website

Shameless copy pasta
The Space Race was a lie. In the late 1950's, a meteor shower pummeled the Bering Straits. In the debris, American and Soviet scientists simultaneously discovered an off-world bio-metal that they could fabricate into amazing vehicles and weapons. They quickly gathered up and depleted all of the material that had fallen to Earth, and both sides were left wanting more.

This began the REAL Space Race... The one too brutal to televise. They launched their space programs in their efforts to find additional bio-metal deposits, and it was the military imperative that made the space race so intense -- not Kennedy's "for the greater good of man." Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon was actually the biggest cover-up in American history. Nobody knew that we'd built a full moon base just a few feet away. In fact, it was General Collins, commander of the American moon base at Eagle's Nest One, who took the original picture of Neil stepping onto the moon. It's amazing that nobody ever asked who took that picture. The NSA thought they'd made a real mistake when they released it.

Now you are in command! Lead your troops across the galaxy on a mission to control the alien technology before the Soviets do. Only one super-power can survive in the Battlezone.
Battlezone1.net brings you back BattleZone's amazing Stars and Stripes & The Red Brigade missions and The Red Odyssey's challenging Dogs of War & Red Storm missions, plus a chance to play numerous opponents in multiplayer. The great mixture of the adrenaline rush of first-person action with the strategy and resource management, never seen before or after, is the main reason why the critics say that BattleZone is still one of the best PC games of all time.

PLAYER TESTIMONIES:
Best FPSRTS I've ever played. ~Ceist

Some useful keys
Ceist: E: Jump/Hover
H: Eject
I: Information on target
T: Target
Ctrl C: Destroy vehicle and Eject
Ctrl 1, 2, 3: Select whole unit squadron

Battlezone is an FPSRTS, very unique for its time (1996). The campaign is follows two stories of the NSA (Americans; National Space Agency) and the CCA (Soviet Union; Cosmo Colony Army) battling it out across the Solar System for a biometal capable of many things. The multiplayer is wonderful, theres two gamemodes, Deathmatch and Strategy. Deathmatch is obvious, you can pick any vehicle from either side. You can teamup with other deathmatchers and form teams. Strategy is when two to four people build up platoons to battle each other out. You can teamup with other platoons to destroy another one, the key to your survival is the survival of the Recycler. The down-sides is that there is limited number of units, making a variety of units hard. Another downside is that the game can be hacked, not so easily mind you, but still. The hacker can find out where your outpost is immediately, have an impenetrable hull, and unlimited ammo, and unlimited amount of scrap and pilots. If you spot one, report him to the forums, he will banned from Battlezone servers.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:26:31 PM by Frontrox »

I'll download it probably tonight or tomorrow, seems fun

wow and the graphics look like relative stuff

i might be able to play this
woah wait what
1996?

oh forget YES

only if it downloads >:(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:03:30 AM by Lugnut1206 »

I don't mind the graphics, they're alright for a game that old.

Uh, guys, how do I get OUT of vehicles?

can't beat the first loving mission because i keep running out of ammo and having to go back and re-stock
no i'm not just shooting stuff
yes i'm aware of pressing T and how it works

NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS A SCAVENGER OVER THERE WTF

Level 2-

WHAT loving TRANSPORTS
NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WERE TRANSPORTS
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:41:46 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Bump for useful commands

i don't get how internet games work :C

What don't you understand?

A: I aways get 100% packet loss on basically everyone
B: no one ever makes any frigging games
C: no one uses chat

i haven't even joined a game once yet

<system> You are on server : www.battlezone1.net
<Lugnut> someone make a game
<Lugnut> please
<Johnson&Johnson> U
<Lugnut> anyone

i don't think I can make a game
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:19:01 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Ceist can make a game if you add him on Steam.

His steam is Ceist

well now i just joined a game but it died.

seriously, now it says I can't connect to the internet ingame.