Author Topic: Trying to make my first ever (of course, private) Addon, need help  (Read 786 times)

I've never made an addon before (except for a successful "scout" playertype) but I need help with an edit. I am editing the Chainsaw addon by TheGeek for my server. I am just basically making it weaker and look orange instead of green. It shows up in the addons list for RTB and the regular list, but not the item list in-game. First, I need to know why it isn't working. Second, I need to know what value to change to make it saw/spawn a projectile slower. Can someone help? Here's my files, btw.

Thanks!

Firstly:
 Your server.cs says:
Code: [Select]
exec("./Weapon_Chainsaw.cs");It should say
exec("./Weapon_WeakChainsaw.cs");(The name of the main script file)

To change the speed, maybe adjusting the muzzleVelocity variable in the projectile datablock will have an effect.

Firstly:
 Your server.cs says:
exec("./Weapon_Chainsaw.cs");It should say
exec("./Weapon_WeakChainsaw.cs");(The name of the main script file)

To change the speed, maybe adjusting the muzzleVelocity variable in the projectile datablock will have an effect.

I was missing that with my playertype I had made too. Wow. It's always something tiny and miniscule, lol.

And when I said speed, I meant firing rate, sorry...
Thanks though!

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT, I found the variable to edit the speed. Now I just need to NOT overwrite the regular chainsaw in-game. It's called "Chainsaw" and not "Weak Chainsaw". What variable in "Weak Chainsaw.cs" do I edit to change the in-game name?
EDIT 2: Nevermind, I made it. Thanks for the first part though!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:46:04 AM by Race Pro Kid »