Author Topic: UTA (Untiered Arms)  (Read 33671 times)

Just because they're called tiers doesn't make them that :/

sniper is terrible. nobody will use it.
shotgun is op. everybody will use it.

how can it be overpowered if it can't hit anything. literally, it has 0 accuracy.
it is garaunteed to miss. every. time.
Here's the spread of a 12-gauge loaded with buckshot at combat range:

Just because they're called tiers doesn't make them that :/

tier 2 weapons have higher total damage output versus tier 1 weapons

smgs are weaker then assault rifles, etc

smgs are weaker then assault rifles

So you're saying a pistol round does less damage than a rifle round?intermediate, rifle, same stuff :I

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?

But you're just putting one group weapons in one category and different, more powerful ones in the other

if one group of weapons is distinctly more powerful then the other group of weapons, people will gravitate toward the group that does more damage

thus, tiers

Yes, but the majority of Tier 1 is weapons that fire pistol rounds, and some shotguns, which aren't very effective primaries

and?

in case you haven't noticed, T+T's shotguns have mid-range capabilities almost as good as the automatic weapons of that tier

it's just that they're MORE suited for short range, where they have OHKO capabilities

You can't really call it tiers when it's just two tiers: Secondaries and Primaries

and yes, I know technically that is tiers, but when the majority of people think of tiered weapons, they think of what Blockcombat did, there were tier one assault rifles, pistols, etc., there were tier two assault rifles, pistols, etc. which were better than tier one, and there's tier three assault rifles, pistols, etc. which are the best

see what I'm getting at?

tiers are still tiers if weapons in one tier operate differently then weapons in another

it's just a matter of one group being stronger then the other

Now I got around to trying them in game. The pack as a whole is nice, but the shotgun spread should be reduced 1.5 meters.

the shotgun spread should be reduced 1.5 meters.

um

i appreciate you making these guns basically to spite tier+tactical

oh whoops didn't notice you said that
honestly it wasn't even inspired against TT it was mostly from other games
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:33:48 AM by YoshiDude »

i've seen  MrJacksaunt's video about your weapons, they do remind me of timesplitters in a way.

but the pistol sound sounds so weak.

I've replaced the sound of the pistol and the revolver too (so it doesn't sound under-powered), as a suggestion:

.youtube.OiSMoMTYXlI&feat

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:03:13 AM by MunkeyCheez »

i've seen  MrJacksaunt's video about your weapons, they do remind me of timesplitters in a way.

but the pistol sound sounds so weak.

I've replaced the sound of the pistol and the revolver too (so it doesn't sound under-powered), as a suggestion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiSMoMTYXlI&feature=youtu.be
The revolver shot is late and there is annoying "EUUYYYYY" at the end of it.