Author Topic: UTA (Untiered Arms)  (Read 33672 times)

L4D2 weapon pack
all the weapons are modified by me to be a hell of a lot more accurate, save the MAC-10 which is suppressed.
Suppressed weapons are inaccurate when aiming at a long range.

I think though that these weapons are designed for a Quake styled thing, carrying all of them

correct me if I'm wrong

you're essentially forcing people to stick with whatever weapon is 'best' for any given map, and stick to areas that their weapon is best suited for. it doesn't matter how versatile a map is if everyone is still sticking to the little sections where they can actually get kills with any reliability

I've thought about this, and it's an inevitable thing that comes to what is created with the type of mindset I have for this add-on. There's not much I can do aside from extend the general range of everything, which wouldn't really even help all too much. What you say, however, still applies to even your own pack, although to a somewhat less extent. Either way, people with shotguns will stick to the close-range, and people with sniper rifles will stick to the long-range, unless they're both looking to easily die - it's kind of the whole idea of using a range-restricted weapon.

I think though that these weapons are designed for a Quake styled thing, carrying all of them

correct me if I'm wrong

I'll include 2-slot playertypes for when I'm done, actually. A Jet playertype that is able to, well, jet, and a Sprint playertype that sprints. The Sprint playertype is relatively unhindered and moves the same speed in each direction while the Jet playertype is essentially a Fuel Jet playertype with 2 slots.

The idea of this pack is to give players the choice between any two guns and not have any balancing issues. That's what I'm working towards.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:49:11 PM by YoshiDude »

I've thought about this, and it's an inevitable thing that comes to what is created with the type of mindset I have for this add-on. There's not much I can do aside from extend the general range of everything, which wouldn't really even help all too much. What you say, however, still applies to even your own pack, although to a somewhat less extent. Either way, people with shotguns will stick to the close-range, and people with sniper rifles will stick to the long-range, unless they're both looking to easily die - it's kind of the whole idea of using a range-restricted weapon.

i have never seen this happen

shotgunners tend to bum-rush even snipers with all the cowardice of a freight train, and they actually win roughly 20% of the time

snipers in close quarters can headshot people easy if they know they're coming and the opposition doesn't know they're there, but if they forget up the first shot they're royally boned

weapon selection in tier+tactical is more like a 'personal preference first', 'implications later' kind of deal

shotgunners tend to bum-rush even snipers with all the cowardice of a freight train, and they actually win roughly 20% of the time

snipers in close quarters can headshot people easy if they know they're coming and the opposition doesn't know they're there, but if they forget up the first shot they're royally boned
You kind of just reworded what I said.

you just said that you and i both set our weapons to explicit weapon ranges that they're downright useless outside of

i just gave you two examples of people flipping that concept the bird

what're you talking about

you just said that you and i both set our weapons to explicit weapon ranges that they're downright useless outside of

i just gave you two examples of people flipping that concept the bird

what're you talking about

uedhsjfjaklsd
bad word usage by me
pretty much what you said though yeah

the abomination aka mad4a1

just wanted input on this before i animated it.

the grenade launcher sight will be closed on equip

stock looks funny
it should extend above the back of the actual gun.

I think the barrel should be a bit thicker...

i think you're trying too hard to make the gun realistic and not trying hard enough to make the gun interesting and fun to look at

which really just means 'fat and interestingly-designed/cool' versus 'slim and really more practical than anything'

(this applies to most of the weapons in this pack, by the way)

i think you're trying too hard to make the gun realistic and not trying hard enough to make the gun interesting and fun to look at

which really just means 'fat and interestingly-designed/cool' versus 'slim and really more practical than anything'

(this applies to most of the weapons in this pack, by the way)

maybe my head just isn't screwed on right for this stuff.
somebody else do it better for me heugh
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:37:01 AM by YoshiDude »

Does T+T even have tiers

I mean

there's tier 1 which has pistols and stuff
and tier 2 has rifles

that's not tiers, that's just primaries and secondaries

Does T+T even have tiers

I mean

there's tier 1 which has pistols and stuff
and tier 2 has rifles

that's not tiers, that's just primaries and secondaries