Author Topic: Did anyone here go to ISEF?  (Read 518 times)

Did anyone? I went to ISEF yesterday. It was pretty interesting.
ISEF is a science convention if you didn't know.
It was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at David L Lawrence Convention Center. That place is huge.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:24:34 PM by Pass »

Indeed I did. Won 2nd place in the Bioscience category. Broward County Division.

Indeed I did. Won 2nd place in the Bioscience category. Broward County Division.
Cool, what was your poster on?

Wasn't a poster. It was a display board about light refraction and using it to find the sugar content of a liquid.

Wasn't a poster. It was a display board about light refraction and using it to find the sugar content of a liquid.
Poster and Display Boards are pretty much the same thing

Display board is what I meant. I was pretty amazed at how much people fancied their boards up. Some put metal/wood lining and stuff on them.
Anyway, I believe I saw yours.

Really? It happened back in March or February, so if it happened today, you probably didn't.

Really? It happened back in March or February, so if it happened today, you probably didn't.
Someone was doing an experiment if putting sugar in water changed the way a fluorescent light reflected off of water. Simple enough, It actually reflected off of the water like it was a mirror.
Was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:32:07 PM by Pass »

Yeah, that's basically the gist of my project.