Author Topic: Is it worth it to buy a Jtag xbox?  (Read 1637 times)

If anyone is not too busy discussing weather Jtagging is piracy or not, I would like to say/ask something.
I have become interested in Jtagging ever since I heard you could add PC mods to your 360 if it was jtagged. I found a person who is selling a "jasper"(idk) xbox 360 that has been Jtagged by him for $195 or as a package(cables and harddrive and whatnot) for $245. Were I live we don't have any internet and the only time I can use live is when I'm staying at my dads place. And I don't think I have any online games anyway. I have two questions I would like answered, is $245 for a Jtagged console package a good deal? And if I am banned from Live does that mean I can't use the marketplace to buy things?

There is virtually nothing that a JTAG has going for it other than kids hacking CoD. If you want a media center. get a (hueg) Xbox and install XBMC.

If anyone is not too busy discussing weather Jtagging is piracy or not, I would like to say/ask something.
I have become interested in Jtagging ever since I heard you could add PC mods to your 360 if it was jtagged. I found a person who is selling a "jasper"(idk) xbox 360 that has been Jtagged by him for $195 or as a package(cables and harddrive and whatnot) for $245. Were I live we don't have any internet and the only time I can use live is when I'm staying at my dads place. And I don't think I have any online games anyway. I have two questions I would like answered, is $245 for a Jtagged console package a good deal? And if I am banned from Live does that mean I can't use the marketplace to buy things?

Firstly, "Jasper" is a name given to a certain model of motherboard. I think the Jasper boards RRoD less or something or have some benefit, but I'm not sure.

Second, if you're going to use a Jtagged xbox, don't hook it up to the internet at ALL. That includes the marketplace. Microsoft doesn't just ban gamertags, they ban entire consoles so that it can't be used online regardless of the gamertag. Saying that, I think there is a way to purchase things on other xboxs and then transfer them via usb or something to your console, but I'm not positive.

A good place to check on prices would be to visit acidmods.com and ask around.

Finally, jtag isn't piracy. Take a look at the homebrew community of any piece of hardware. Their sole goal is to be able to run unsigned code on their particular system. However, being able to run that unsigned code gives way to people with lower standards that create the piracy software.

Just because something can support piracy doesn't mean that's all it's for.

If you want a media center. get a (hueg) Xbox and install XBMC.
thing is though the X360 comes with all these tools to turn it into a media center

thing is though the X360 comes with all these tools to turn it into a media center
if you buy an Xbox 360 to use as just a media player, you are either rich or an idiot
why spend >$200 on something your computer can already do, that requires a connection to your computer

One last question until I can make up my mind. Is Jtag the only way to mod xbox 360 games?

One last question until I can make up my mind. Is Jtag the only way to mod xbox 360 games?
Just play pc games.

I don't think so
I'm pretty sure there are a couple of ways to mod some games, but it requires some sorta bullstuff
then again, I don't know anything about modding Xbox games because I've never had interest in it

you can mod save files via USB but that's about it

Personally, I wouldn't get into console modding.  It's jumping through hoops of fire that are barely wide enough.  Just not worth it, IMHO.

Personally, I wouldn't get into console modding.  It's jumping through hoops of fire that are barely wide enough.  Just not worth it, IMHO.

True that

True that

Like really, it's like dual booting XP and 7 just to play old games on XP.  It's fun for that moment and then useless.