Author Topic: Moving words  (Read 2232 times)

I was thinking for like a train station or airport they could use some moving words on bricks like a 2x1 word moving brick or a 16x1 moving word brick just an idea but could someone make?

What, like a scrolling marquee?

well you know at airports how they have Airlines:
                                                                  Delta>>>>
(arrows point the way they go)
kind of like that

You could code an ID script type thing. Line up bricks and hit each in order to put them on a $ list
Code: [Select]
Ex: $Scroll[%client/bl_id]::Brick[$Scroll[%client.bl_id]::num++] = %brick; then put in the scroll message and a script would constantly move the decals to the right....sounds laggy

does sound like a good idea

Lol, lag isn't a good idea

yes it would be uber lag but would look cool

It sounds possible. Would the message "wrap"
| 1 2 3 |
| 3 1 2 |
| 2 3 1 |
| 1 2 3 |
| 3 1 2 |

or "loop"

| 1 2 3 |
|    1 2 |
|       1 |
| 3       |
| 2 3    |

You could make it do both.

You could code an ID script type thing. Line up bricks and hit each in order to put them on a $ list
Code: [Select]
Ex: $Scroll[%client/bl_id]::Brick[$Scroll[%client.bl_id]::num++] = %brick; then put in the scroll message and a script would constantly move the decals to the right....sounds laggy
i dont want lag it could be simple... like a 1x1 next to another 1x1 then in one type an "a" then it goes to the second brick and goes back to first looking like moving and also i think there sould be a combanation like blinking, flashing, moving left to right, movinjg right to left. would be nice for a OPEN sign...

Lot of schedules at once will cause lag. And you need schedules for any sort of timing, really.

Lot of schedules at once will cause lag. And you need schedules for any sort of timing, really.

but you'd only need to use one schedule at a time...

what would lag is all the packages you'd constantly be sending to clients telling them to change bricks' decals