Locked.

Author Topic: Locked.  (Read 3657 times)

-snip-
I don't really see many ways this can be abused, considering it's host only. Even if the host does abuse, chances are, you don't really want to be in their server in the first place. This actually doesn't change your avatar settings overall, (for if you didn't know) but instead just changes it for your player object. After you die, it will go back to normal anyways.

Great another addon that will end up in more cases of admin abuse.
Only that this one is Host only though.

I was starting to respect you but this may have just changed it again.

What the forget is the point of Randomizing someones avatar anyways?
What the Host forcibly randomizes someones avatar and the person doesn't want it randomized.

I can only hope somehow this addon doesn't lead to more coding restrictions somehow.
Even though theres no reason it should.

You do realize that the client can simply open their avatar gui, press Done and their avatar will be normal again?

It took him an hour to make something that takes a couple minutes

It was originally a coding help post, so I made it the simplest i could without arrays or loops..
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:46:22 AM by Pacnet2012³ »

People being dumb asses because of the time it took him to make:
The reason is took him as long as it did is because of how badly he wrote the code.
He took 227 lines to do something that I did in 35 lines

It was originally a coding help post, so I made it the simplest i could without arrays or loops..
Increasing something from 35 to 227 lines is not simple. Arrays are not complicated. Using over six times as much code is.
If you're posting in coding help you're supposed to encourage good coding practice. You did not do this.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:23:44 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

What the Host forcibly randomizes someones avatar and the person doesn't want it randomized.

I can only hope somehow this addon doesn't lead to more coding restrictions somehow.
A: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=217761
It was a request goddamnit
He just made it

excuse me my good sir, do you happen to spare an extra pair of sides? If not, I hope you have insurance
McDonalds sells sides

Downloading

This V
Thanks for the pointless bump, now I can post this
V

I made it the simplest i could without arrays or loops..
Lol.
Increasing something from 35 to 227 lines is not simple. Arrays are not complicated. Using over six times as much code is.

What is the point of this?

if its the code you posted on that topic, it's stupidly long, in which you could use loops for *sigh*

Really? You are way overreacting.

There are already a billion ways to abuse admin, if admins want to abuse their power, they will, with or without these mods. Don't blame the mod, and especially not the mod maker.
What's the point? There isn't much of a point, but he was just posting someones suggestion. It isn't a big deal in the slightest.
If the host forcibley does that, then that's the hosts fault. Like I said, if the host wants to abuse, he will, with or without this.
Also, why on EARTH would this cause code restrictions? This is a little dinky mod to randomize an avatar. Nobody is really going to care, this is not something to lose respect to someone over.

You should at least make it trust required or something in that matter.