Author Topic: Head Rushes  (Read 2675 times)

Lately I've been getting really bad head rushes after I get up. Usually it's just that I loose my vision for like two seconds, but sometimes I have to hold onto something and crouch on the ground to avoid falling. I explained it to my mom and she thought I was crazy. Does anyone else get this?

Yup yup. Your mom is crazy. Just get up less fast and they get better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

I used to get it, but less often now. I was less fit and more depressed at the time it was most common.

All the time.
I was sick with some diabolical flu a few weeks ago, and it was so much worse than usual, like where the room actually spun.

It happens to me when I am around weird smelling stuff.
I was at the river at it happened (I could have simply slipped in)

I don't really get it, but when I stand up sometimes I feel extremely dizzy sometimes, although I don't fall or anything.

use less speed Uhm, no. Never heard of it either.

Happens to me too, but not as fast. It's  like I get tunnel vision, but then it stops.

once my eyes open i lay in bed still for about 2 hours and get up to take a piss and all of a sudden i get light headed and lose my vision for 2 seconds.

It's due to the blood in your body rapidly moving somewhere else, like if you stand up too quickly then all the blood rushes to your feet for a few seconds.
The solution is simple; just don't stand up as quickly

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE ASS

OF SOMEONE WHO GIVES A stuff

no but really that's some stuff you need worked out with a therapist.

Happens to me too, but not as fast. It's  like I get tunnel vision, but then it stops.
That happens to me but usually 3/4 of the time it goes right to blindness.

Lately I've been getting really bad head rushes after I get up. Usually it's just that I loose my vision for like two seconds, but sometimes I have to hold onto something and crouch on the ground to avoid falling. I explained it to my mom and she thought I was crazy. Does anyone else get this?

This used to happen to me a lot.  Still does, but not as bad since we found the milk allergy.

It's due to the blood in your body rapidly moving somewhere else, like if you stand up too quickly then all the blood rushes to your feet for a few seconds.

I get this alot. One time it happened when I was riding my bike and I nearly ran into a car.

It's more that suddenly your heart has to pump blood a longer distance, so the blood pressure drops and there's not enough oxygen going to your brain.

Basically, for a few seconds, you suffer oxygen deprivation.