Author Topic: Mechs  (Read 2057 times)

This is way out there, but a new vehicle type being bipedal robots you can drive around in.

This would require the following:

- Walking animations and motionless turning animation
- Particle effects coming from the Feet node (when it stomps on the ground, poofs of dust and possibly small tremors occur)
- bobbing effect for the rider

That's pretty much it actually, dealing with weaponry would come afterwards. It would just be a very heavily armored, slow walking mech.

An AT-AT and AT-ST would be awesome. Recreating the Battle of Hoth on The Slopes would be awesome. But we'd need snowspeeders.  :panda:

But we'd need snowspeeders.  :panda:

Magic carpet vehicle type would do for that.

Been suggested a few times, but I like it. It would be pretty fun to run around in mechs in a futuristic DM. I think it would be very hard to make it walk and bob up and down though.

Aloshi's figured out how to mount weapons on vehicles...we need laser cannons and tow cables!

This sounds awesome :D :D :D :D too bad I cant play Blockland D:

Can't buy it? Aw, that's too bad. :(

If I ever break in and buy milkshape I'll make an animated walker and see where it goes. I just remembered there also would need to be animations for when the mech stops.

Animating is the easy part, it''ll be all the coding that will make this extrememyl difficult, and well, I can't code for crap.

we could import the old dts. file mechs from rtb and give them plane or carpet scripts

Can't buy it? Aw, that's too bad. :(
Ya, Her laptop's messed up, she reinstalled windows xp and it shutoff her sound driver and graphics driver...BTW im not a stalker, Im her brother lol

If I make an animated AT-AT, will anyone code it?

I know someone who might be able to submit some mechs, though I doubt he would.

Aloshi's figured out how to mount weapons on vehicles...we need laser cannons and tow cables!

I have an artillery =D

Vehicle.
As far as I know, the puffs will be like a jeep's,
continuous and not in puffs on the stomp.

Vehicle.
As far as I know, the puffs will be like a jeep's,
continuous and not in puffs on the stomp.

This is pretty much why we'd need to create a whole new vehicle being the mech, otherwise it would just look like a weird sliding/walking thing and make no sense. So far we have 3 vehicles types, being the land wheeled vehicle, the Magic Carpet hovering vehicle and the airplane flying vehicle (originally the flying jeep), each of which has their own specific codes and stuff to them. Of course for this to work we'd need to create a whole new vehicle code for the mech, which an experienced coder could make basing himself on some of the existing ones out there right now for other torque games, however it would be difficult.

I wish I could do it, but I suck at making codes and functions and triggers and those % signs boggle my mind.