Author Topic: Need assistance in building  (Read 1665 times)

So I've been told a thousand times that my building is rather bad, I am told that my builds are too simple, have nearly no detail, and look terrible in general.

I would appreciate if someone could teach me how to build well.

Do you have a server up?  I could help!

Do you have a server up?  I could help!
I'm afraid I don't at the moment, but I can set one up in a lil while

Do you have steam?

pablo will come to save the day

Example of your "bad" building?

Example of your "bad" building?
For example, here's my best attempt at making a TDM map

It's plain, nearly empty, and looks bad.

-Snipetysnip-
That doesn't look that bad.
It's plain, nearly empty, and looks bad.
This, though. So much this.

Anyways, just learn how to make different obstacles such as in my Ubran TDM, I have couches on roads tipped over, chairs, etc. You just have to understand what theme it is.

If all else fails, I suggest fiddling with terrain bricks. I've heard they can make some flat grounds into nice bunkers etc.   

Your builds are good,  :cookie: it's just a bit empty in the center and lacks color.

find something you're good at
not everyone's the greatest at building
have you tried events? or just playing, the game doesn't require each player to do something constructive

That doesn't look that bad.This, though. So much this.

Anyways, just learn how to make different obstacles such as in my Ubran TDM, I have couches on roads tipped over, chairs, etc. You just have to understand what theme it is.[/b]

If all else fails, I suggest fiddling with terrain bricks. I've heard they can make some flat grounds into nice bunkers etc.   
Can you host for me sometime and show me your TDM?

Your builds are good,  :cookie: it's just a bit empty in the center and lacks color.
How2fix?

find something you're good at
not everyone's the greatest at building
have you tried events? or just playing, the game doesn't require each player to do something constructive
I've tried all of the above

I'm pretty bad at events, building isn't exactly my forte, and I want to be able to make something I can call my own, to make something impressive for once.

Can you host for me sometime and show me your TDM?
Oh I wish. If only my old computer would turn on and I could get that save ;_;

I'm pretty bad at events, building isn't exactly my forte, and I want to be able to make something I can call my own, to make something impressive for once.
try spend a lot of time on something, then
some people can build really good things just off the top of their heads
maybe you should try starting with a really simple little house, and over a long time, improve it any way you can over that time

I made my main goal in Minecraft was to make a castle, and I made a really nice one, just make your main goal to give the map detail, and it'll look nice.

try spend a lot of time on something, then
some people can build really good things just off the top of their heads
maybe you should try starting with a really simple little house, and over a long time, improve it any way you can over that time
But that's the problem

I start things in the state of mind that I'll finish it, but I get a fourth done with it and never touch it again cuz I lose interest

I think I'm okay at eventing and building. I could probably help you tomorrow.

Add me on steam so we can arrange it.

/id/FlashDragon

You know, put whatever you need to at the end of a link thingy.