Author Topic: Menen's Search for the Magical Milkshake - The Video Game  (Read 27342 times)

Did you try to walljump on the same wall...

You cannot use the directional key facing away from the wall to jump off, which makes walljumping very difficult. You have to rapidly change your direction in mid-air.

did you do stuff like this port
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOhl4lhvZE&feature=youtu.be
by the way for the jump annimation try to  make the arms a bit higher because they like pop out of his hips
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:41:13 PM by Flamecannon »

What?
What makes you think I don't like you animating?

You want separate frames you have said.

You want separate frames you have said.
Yeah they're easier to work with.
You can still make a gif so people know how it works,
If you're only going to do gifs ill work with it.

i'd be fine recording anything you need even though i'm probably not the best for it

You cannot use the directional key facing away from the wall to jump off, which makes walljumping very difficult. You have to rapidly change your direction in mid-air.
If you're sliding on the wall and you tap the opposite button to walljump, this would be more favorable?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:54:06 PM by Alphadin »

If you're sliding on the wall and you tap the opposite button to walljump, this would be more favorable?
Yes. Also please make the controls less awkward or make the slow walk a toggle. Prehaps include a "looking above" animation for W and a "crouching down" animation for S. then maybe remap jump to space?

it's maybe better for the people with different control ideals to just have an option to change the keybinds

Changing keybinds or a couple preset ones, not just one preset.  (Ie movement = arrow keys/wasd/ numpad arrows)

While it is favorable for some, there really isn't a problem.
It's fairly simple to let go of a button then switch to two others.
Yeah menen and I planned to revamp the control scheme.
Looking up to shoot up, crouching to shoot things low on the ground.
Double tapping D or A would result in a roll.
Rolls are for avoiding bullets at head level since you enter roll faster than crouch.
Roll also keeps speed going.
it's maybe better for the people with different control ideals to just have an option to change the keybinds
Probably would be a good idea.

|       |
|       |
|      M|
|       |

Menen is M. In this situation, I'm holding D in order to slide down the wall.
If I press the jump key, I go upwards and fall towards the wall again and resume sliding.
If I want to jump to the other wall, I need to A) Press Jump. B) Quickly change from holding the D key to slide to holding the A key to fall towards the other wall and slide on it. This is highly improbable due to how fast you need to execute it. Just include being able to press A to jump off onto the other wall.

Changing keybinds or a couple preset ones, not just one preset.  (Ie movement = arrow keys/wasd/ numpad arrows)
Smart
Also smart

While it is favorable for some, there really isn't a problem.
It's fairly simple to let go of a button then switch to two others.
Yeah menen and I planned to revamp the control scheme.
Looking up to shoot up, crouching to shoot things low on the ground.
Double tapping D or A would result in a roll.
Rolls are for avoiding bullets at head level since you enter roll faster than crouch.
Roll also keeps speed going.Probably would be a good idea.
Very smart

(being serious incase it isnt obvious)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:37:48 PM by Yosher »

yeah this would make a better zombie.

Neon green zombies?