Author Topic: READ-ONLY problem. Please help!  (Read 1606 times)

Well, i got this almost fixed. lately, my blockland wasn't working. i asked for help, and i got to answer to make sure my blockland is not read-only. I have the problem that i can't remove the read only stuff, or atleast i have tried: attrib -r +s and that stuff, but they dont seem to work. the main question is:

Why does my other games run perfectly fine in read only, but blockland can't handle it, and can i fix it?

Bump. Ill try to explain simplier. Why does my other games work in read-only, but not blockland?

Bump. Ill try to explain simplier. Why does my other games work in read-only, but not blockland?
I think it has to do something when downloading items (I.E. Music,Sounds,Textures) from the server it has to write to the cache to store them so you don't have to redownload them upon rejoin the server. I could be wrong but that's why I think it has to be read and writable.

I think it has to do something when downloading items (I.E. Music,Sounds,Textures) from the server it has to write to the cache to store them so you don't have to redownload them upon rejoin the server. I could be wrong but that's why I think it has to be read and writable.

Wait. Why does my blockland not work, when in read-only mode? (Properties -> Read only
  • ),

But still my other games does, and they are in read-only mode too?

Wait. Why does my blockland not work, when in read-only mode? (Properties -> Read only
  • ),

But still my other games does, and they are in read-only mode too?
It can't write stuff in the cache file

It can't write stuff in the cache file

Got it, how can i fix that?

Mold is right. You need to make the cache.db be able to be written to by everyone

Mold is right. You need to make the cache.db be able to be written to by everyone

So i delete it?

Then you gonna redownload all the 1000 files that you loaded from servers.
Notce how you load all those files only one time? Their stored in it.

It wants still my authencation key on startup and rtb is gone. what now?

It wants still my authencation key on startup and rtb is gone. what now?
Idk?
Make sure key.dat is not read-only

Idk?
Make sure key.dat is not read-only

That is the loving problem, i can't change it.

That is the loving problem, i can't change it.

Oh wait, it is NOT read only. other stuff what needs to be read or non read only?

Badspot

• Administrator
You're jumping to a conclusion here without explaining the premise.  What is the problem exactly?  What error do you encounter?  Post your launcher.log and console.log files.

Oh wait, it is NOT read only. other stuff what needs to be read or non read only?
By any chance do you have teamviewer or skype? If you do message me your skype or teamviewer stuff and ill be glad to help :)