Poll

Which one would you want?

Terrains and Interiors
16 (17.2%)
Shadows and Shaders
77 (82.8%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Shadows and Shaders vs Terrains and Interiors????  (Read 3300 times)

What would you think is good? Terrains and Interiors replaced with Shadows and Shaders, glitch free, and a huge flat place? I would, because, I need the glitch free world and day and night cycle with awesome graphics. I need the slate because I need to practice being a better building. Would you want to keep Terrains and Interiors? Tell me!

EDIT1: Whatever they do with Blockland, I don't care, unless its about destroying or removing the game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:21:42 PM by padmedog »

Terrains and Interiors just lag overall... they are too complicated of a code with torque, which results in lag, so that is one of the reason why they are getting removed.

Terrains and Interiors just lag overall... they are too complicated of a code with torque, which results in lag, so that is one of the reason why they are getting removed.
NUMBER ONE EXCUSE FOR THE IGNORANT: IT LAGS

Implying that shadows and shaders will lag less

Implying that shadows and shaders will lag less
at least on my computer :/

I would rather have Terrains and Interiors, because many of the best servers depend on it.

I would rather have Terrains and Interiors, because many of the best servers depend on it.
Well, why not just place a whole bunch of blocks?

Server CPU usage = # of bricks * # of players
More bricks = more lag

You can't run a really big lag-free server without using terrain or interiors.

More bricks = more lag

Remove terrain and interiors = increased brick count without more lag.

More bricks = more lag

6 gb of ram?
Only use bricks you need?

Well, why not just place a whole bunch of blocks?
You are talking about a brick count up in the millions. It will lag regardless of what they do to the engine.
That, or the server will be made out of 32x cubescape.

More bricks = more lag

true, true.
But with the complication that terrains and interiors make, even kompressor said, that the removal of them will make the game faster.

Anyway, whether they depend on it, terrains and interiors are still being remove, no matter how much you hate it.

true, true.
But with the complication that terrains and interiors make, even kompressor said, that the removal of them will make the game faster.
He said that bricks are at 90% total speed because of terrain and interiors.
That means it will be only a 10% speed increase, and that will be more than twice over slowed by shadows and especially shaders.

He said that bricks are at 90% total speed because of terrain and interiors.
That means it will be only a 10% speed increase, and that will be more than twice over slowed by shadows and especially shaders.
they don't have to be enabled... so it boosts the speed even more.