Poll

Would Sylvanor make a good admin?

Yes
34 (69.4%)
No
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Wink's City RPG  (Read 36758 times)

IDEA: What if there was command (/buy) for getting your paychecks deposited directly into your bank account instead of to the player? You have to buy convenience. Anybody like this idea?
i thought of this too, but than i realized that would trash not only pick-poketers but make criminals not want to go on sprees because they would get nothing in return. And thus the idea of a wallet was born. You get the paycheck in cash so it can still be stolen and dropped keeping criminals afloat while keeping players happy with a comfortable amount of pocket money for carrying around.

i thought of this too, but than i realized that would trash not only pick-poketers but make criminals not want to go on sprees because they would get nothing in return. And thus the idea of a wallet was born. You get the paycheck in cash so it can still be stolen and dropped keeping criminals afloat while keeping players happy with a comfortable amount of pocket money for carrying around.
Haha, no. "Because it gives criminals money" is not really an excuse for this nonsense.

jailed by Jasa when I tried to jail Wink who went on a killing spree. Was trying to pay my dems atm too

kalph idk why youre trying to stomp out criminals so badly, theyre the reason youre rich

It's not a case of "stamping out criminals" it's a case of it makes no sense from a logical point of view to receive paychecks directly to your person for 99% of situations and frankly I agree with Kalphiter

How does the money get there, where does it come from, and if we have digital accounts why are we not getting paid to them?

Being able to at least buy the convenience of being paid to the bank (make it like a 10% tax to do it, whatever) would be alright. For stuff like Laborers it makes sense to be paid to your person because you're selling goods on-site.
Additionally big stuff like planting lots or vehicle spawns shouldn't be done from your person, because if you want to place a lot far from a bank it means walking for like two full minutes with over a thousand dollars on your person. For most players that's going to be a pretty crushing hit to take if some forget with his Akimbos kills you.

What I suggest is having an option settable from the bank to be paid to the bank at a charge per transfer (10% of however much you get paid after lot tax)
Something else that'd be cool is the ability to transfer money from your bank to someone elses at a 5% surcharge (5% of how much you send must be paid to send it, so if you send $100 you must pay $105 total), and phone banking allowing you to do this at a 10% charge as well (so you can pay people from anywhere, say, for paying a lawyer to pay off your demerits without having to run to a bank and expose yourself - it's just gonna cost you a bit extra to do it that way.

In general just make stuff less reliant on cash economy when larger sums or base income are concerned - theft is a crime of opportunity not a constant source of income. Also, one click should take everything they're carrying, given that how are you taking their wallet, removing $5 and putting it back and if you're busted (50% chance) it's instant 50 dems or to 1 star if you're not wanted yet - and it shouldn't update their HUD for like 5-10 seconds if you don't get busted doing it (or if they try to spend something), so they won't necessarily know you took their cash straight away.

stuff admins. Not good to play something made by a ruthless richard. When a building is flagged it should have an explanation so it can improve, so the builder can improve. But instead it is just wanded. Or in my case 2 vechiles spawns inside my place, next day just gone no explanation no flag.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:46:37 AM by Tally »

You, my friend, are truly dedicated. Either that or addicted :3

It was my first time on the server... I guess neither.  :cookieMonster:

Back in the server, setPlayerTransform removed.

I am now stuck in my basement forever. For. Ever. ;-;
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:44:42 AM by LeetZero »

I agree with Kalphiter, dunno if any of you actually have jobs in the real world, but most of the time the money is transferred direct to your bank account.

So my paycheck just went to my wallet and I got pickpocketed straight away, how can anyone think this is a good idea!? handicapped.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:59:04 AM by Rub »

Damn, I been jailed after getting 3-tick stars from telefin who kept getting in the way of my car :c...

I agree with Kalphiter, dunno if any of you actually have jobs in the real world, but most of the time the money is transferred direct to your bank account.

So my paycheck just went to my wallet and I got pickpocketed straight away, how can anyone think this is a good idea!? handicapped.

Yeah exactly, I've been on other cityRPGs where they had the direct deposit feature and it was much better.

Last time I spoke with Jasa he seemed reluctant to fix things most people would consider handicapped, like a bug which lets you build over other people's lots. Why Jasa whyyyyy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:28:31 AM by Sheath »

Last time I spoke with Jasa he seemed reluctant to fix things most people would consider handicapped, like a bug which lets you build over other people's lots. Why Jasa whyyyyy.
Probably because Jasa is handicapped, this really needs fixing though.

This should still be in closed beta but the problem would be that the admins wouldn't listen to bug reports anyways.

Had enough with it. Too many stuffty admins and bad policies.

jailed by Jasa when I tried to jail Wink who went on a killing spree. Was trying to pay my dems atm too
I left right after this happened. Jasa literally cheats to no end. Development on this mod halted a week ago.

I need to get the rock models converted to BLB for the sake of our framerates.
Take the model, somehow get it converted to .ply, then drag it on 3d2blb.exe
/done