Author Topic: Miniature Wargaming Thread  (Read 32631 times)

I've been looking around for some smaller-scale strategy boardgames. Kind of like Axis and Allies except you play the battles not the war. Anyone know anything?

I've been looking around for some smaller-scale strategy boardgames. Kind of like Axis and Allies except you play the battles not the war. Anyone know anything?
So you are looking for something that focuses on a small area with few squads and 1 or 2 tanks. I would recommend of Warhammer 40k, Flames of War which has a world war 2 edition and Vietnam edtion, or Battlefield Evolution. If you are into small peices and leading large platoons on large map then I would say get Epic Armageddon or an Appocolayspe book for Warhammer 40k.

Warhammer 40k:

Flames of War:

Battlefield Evolution:

Epic Armageddon(pieces are about the size of lego bricks):

If minatures aren't what your thing you might want to look at Squad leader:

In bravo's post, or, Axis & Allies Miniatures(the one in OP)

Do you guys have a sibling that barged into your room and said "LETS POOL TOGETHER MONEY AND BUY DARK VENGEANCE"?  Yeah forget you didn't think so na-na-nana-naa-naa

Do you guys have a sibling that barged into your room and said "LETS POOL TOGETHER MONEY AND BUY DARK VENGEANCE"?  Yeah forget you didn't think so na-na-nana-naa-naa
i dont play chaos or space marines though

i dont play chaos or space marines though
Wouldn't it be pretty cool if they just made box sets for most of the armies?

They're called battleforces, and literally every army but grey knights has one.

They're called battleforces, and literally every army but grey knights has one.
Those are $100+ sets for one army, although with more units, and don't come with a rule book though, while a box set comes with a two decent sized armies good enough for two people and the essentials to play.  I mean like boxed sets with other armies.

I love that comic. Especially when they splatter grot blood on the Ultra smurfs rhino.

painted a storm warden marine with one of the cheap marines, you can spy a black-painted cheap marine for another scheme I'm gonna try for stuffs n giggles and my commander/sergeant in the back and also some spare possessed daemons in the back my bro also gave me

edit, quick note: yes this is not the bright silver needed for actual storm wardens paintjob, I mixed boltgun metal/leadbelcher with white scar layer in just enough to make a balance between a light silver and sparkle, I can't be bothered to go buy it if I'm only painting one.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:33:24 AM by Nickelob Ultra »

Some how that reminds of this history teacher who I use to play with who was a Brit wannabe. He had a space marine army with the white skullers color theme except he made them look more like the Knight Templar. He even painted red crosses on them. He also had some sort of old land speeder model that looked like Ship out of Startrek.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/THIN_YOUR_PAINTS
cheap marines = is a stuffty model = causes bumpy, uneven surface

left, cheap marine.
middle, not cheap space marine
right, commander

However, the phrase has reached the point where it gets posted whenever something painted is shown ...
god dammit tingalz
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:42:29 AM by Nickelob Ultra »