Author Topic: Auto retry  (Read 2344 times)

Like steam, if a server is full you have the option to have BL join the game automatically when someone leaves.

No. Badspot joined a server, left for a second, Adam487 joined. Some reservation mod kicked in when Badspot joined saying his spot was reserved and it kicked him from the server. For that reason, there's a high probability he will not make it.

Would be useful if it connect requests didn't result in console spam for the host. I could spam it with connect requests with a slight edit on this, if I was banned or the server was full.

A mod like this could work through just checking the #/# for players, but then you'd have to keep refreshing Master Server List, which would spam your console with server loading echoes.

Then maybe if its full, instead of just trying over and over, it asks the host if its ok and displays whos trying to join, you could have the options: No, Yes, Ignore and Enter Now, where no would return a message to the joiner telling them the host refuses them to auto retry, yes would just let them auto retry, Enter Now would then ask you to click someones name, it would kick them and let the person trying to join in, and ignore would tell the joiner no and disable future auto retry requests until that person is taken of the ignore list.

Sounds annoying. Even with ignore, it would be annoying if lots of people want to join. I do not think it'd be possible to do this without having to download the GUI and everything, and / stuff could be annoying. Also, it shouldn't make you have to kick someone just to let them in, the waiting feature would work better so you don't have to cause someone pain of being kicked just to let someone else in.

It's more annoying when you type with the same color as the background.

Would be useful if it connect requests didn't result in console spam for the host. I could spam it with connect requests with a slight edit on this, if I was banned or the server was full.

Yes. Space has witnessed this since I have one and It tries to connect every second :D

Then maybe if its full, instead of just trying over and over, it asks the host if its ok and displays whos trying to join, you could have the options: No, Yes, Ignore and Enter Now, where no would return a message to the joiner telling them the host refuses them to auto retry, yes would just let them auto retry, Enter Now would then ask you to click someones name, it would kick them and let the person trying to join in, and ignore would tell the joiner no and disable future auto retry requests until that person is taken of the ignore list.
A) what if host is afk
B) what if hes/shes dming and trying to snipe someone and all the sudden: BOOP WANNA LET RANDOMNUB5938658368564387 INTO YOUR SERVER * Hostdude was killed by LOLSPAMLET *

You cannot make it so the client can wait without a clientside modification aswell as some serious serverside editing.

Ok ok, plus one reason I suggested this is cause I only allow 12 people and my server is never full.

i sence a future of people AFk joining all servers

Ok ok, plus one reason I suggested this is cause I only allow 12 people and my server is never full.
Turn max players down you lag bitch. (WTF Firefox thinks max is a spelling mistake =O)