Author Topic: Port forwarding, just with my router  (Read 967 times)

Make sure you have a static IP address assigned to your computer from your router configuration page.

In theory that shouldn't matter. He'd have to re-port forward in a short time, but it shouldn't affect immediate results.

sort of off topic, but whos in your avatar

my friend had a xyzel router from quest dsl.
the hting had all the options for port forwarding, but it simply did not work...
loving thing

Okay, I just fell asleep with my computer. It was certainly lovey time indeed.

On topic: That didn't work. Also, I do have a static IP.
Any other solutions?

sort of off topic, but whos in your avatar
Blair.

Are you sure the modem doesn't have it's own router? Does it work if you try connecting directly to the modem bypassing the router?

Are you sure the modem doesn't have it's own router? Does it work if you try connecting directly to the modem bypassing the router?

There's only one device plugged up into my wall, and I don't know how I'd do that either way.

There's only one device plugged up into my wall, and I don't know how I'd do that either way.

1 device means you have a combined modem/router from your ISP.

i try hard to not use it. i disable the router part of it so it becomes JUST a modem, then bridge it to a real router i buy on my own

1 device means you have a combined modem/router from your ISP.

i try hard to not use it. i disable the router part of it so it becomes JUST a modem, then bridge it to a real router i buy on my own
This is what's awesome about fiber optical internet over here. The ISPs can't even try to pull crap like this, you get a simple modem/bridge from the local municipality-owned which you then hook up with your own equipment. Signing up for an ISP or changing ISP is a matter of minutes through a web interface and involves no hardware or manual wiring. Go to website, terminate old contract, set up new contract, reboot (your own) router (that you bought yourself).

yah, i went through pain in the ass efforts to get a modem/modem from comcast here.
had to walk my frikin thing in to trade down for a basic modem unit lol

they just did not want me to use my own router apparently

Okay, so good news. My port forwarding just started working about an hour ago for some reason. I was playing Minecraft and my friend told me he could connect to my server without Hamachi on. It surprised me, and I went to check other things to see if my port was open and it is. So, thanks for the help I guess. Might have just had a delayed reaction. Locking.