Author Topic: My computer is possibly broken  (Read 1474 times)

*sigh*

I need to confirm you have it.

Go to your appdata folder and go to local.
From here go to organize > folder and search options.
If don't show hidden files and folders is selected, select show hidden files and folders.
Also, uncheck hide extensions for known file types.
Now, uncheck hide protected system files, we will recheck this if you can't find it or until the removal is complete.
Go ahead and apply the settings, does it show a hidden folder at the top?
If so, then enter the folder and tell me what the folder is named and if it's a system file.

Rootkit.0Acess could be it.

Looked that up to see what it was
Saw a "how to get rid of this stuff" guide
Clicked it just to see what it was
"Search for any files that start with the following names. Write down the full name (i.e. rot.exe or rot.sys) of every file that you find.
"skynet""
Oh god terminators

Got any virus's? I don't think you told us if it found anything.

Also, welcome to Kentucky.. Your stuff will get forgeted up upon going over the border.

Alright, I just finished disk checking. It found some shell32 errors and some driver problems. Everything's all sorted out, thanks for the help.

Your welcome.


Also may I ask, what brings you here to KY?

Its a question I ask to anyone who enters the state that I can talk to.

Your welcome.


Also may I ask, what brings you here to KY?

Its a question I ask to anyone who enters the state that I can talk to.

Well, I usually come down every summer / holiday to visit with my dad (Divorce complications) and the southern side of my family. If you're interested in actually meeting me, I'm currently in Grand Rivers, AKA land between the lakes.

Well, I usually come down every summer / holiday to visit with my dad (Divorce complications) and the southern side of my family. If you're interested in actually meeting me, I'm currently in Grand Rivers, AKA land between the lakes.
If only I had a car I would.

Maybe in a few years we could meet? I've always wanted to meet another Blocklander.

If only I had a car I would.

Maybe in a few years we could meet? I've always wanted to meet another Blocklander.

Well, who knows. I'm currently also is south-west kentucky too. I might be able to convince my dad to drive me somewhere if it's relatively near. Continue this in PM so we don't have to bump this thread.