What's your favorite continent?

Indar
15 (37.5%)
Amerish
10 (25%)
Esamir
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Planetside 2 - Free2Play - Ultimate Empire Showdown was terrible!! NC buffs soon  (Read 41463 times)

I feel like our definition of 'pay-to-win' differs. :/

I'm away from a computer, did maxes FINALLY get buffed agins vehicles. Tr and vanu maxes both felt up compared to scrub conglomerate

Am I really the only one that enjoyed being NC due to how well the guns worked? I used less bullets and got more kills than either my Vanu or TR characters combined. They feel solid, the damage is good, the accuracy is good.

Installing this right now, I've got a feeling that I'm going to kill a lot of time playing this bad boy.

If anybody is playing on Mattherson, Add me. Name is F22.

The purest definition of pay to win would be all the giving everyone crappy weapons and the only way to get better gear is to buy it. Now devs are getting clever by allowing you to grind 40 hours for 1 item where as heed said you could spend 5-10 bucks for an item.

http://www.planetside2.com/shop?buy=stationcash
no pay2win here guys! cosmetics only! this isnt p2w wheres p2w?????????????
why the forget did they get rid of auraxium
i just dont understand

I feel like our definition of 'pay-to-win' differs. :/
There's a variety, but in general i've seen it used to refer to paying money to give you an advantage over other players. your interpretation fits into that.
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.
Quote from: Massively Opinion Comment
ANY one of the following is Pay to Win imo:
1: The game locks the best stuff for paying players only (most obvious form of P2W).

2: The game has artificially inflated unlock requirements AND there is a distinct difference of best gear vs worst gear (ex: newbie gear is obviously under-balanced vs the higher level stuff). Meaning, you can play for free, but it will take you a lot of grinding to get to the best gear; while a paying member can access the best stuff immediately. That is pay to win, because, despite the fact that a player can EVENTUALLY get the best gear for free, when facing artificially inflated unlock requirements, along with being under-powered due to sub-standard starting/early/free gear, the ability to grind that gear for free is practically impossible.
Quote from: Massively Opinion Comment
I think it comes down to your personal definition of 'win' and what should be protected or kept as part of the gameplay. Currently a lot of people use the words "non-game affecting" as the line in the sand. The thing about that is, they're only talking about combat. I agree that cash shops shouldn't affect combat.

What is 'Win' for the person who likes to craft uniforms or equipment for their guild? What if 'win' is looking cool in game? These games advertise many more features than just combat and there are many other reasns to play than just fighting mobs.
i'd say this is most definitely pay2win

pay2NotGrindForHoursToGetOneG un

57%

HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD

Anyone know how to fix game error g22?  First it didn't load because I had an Xbox controller plugged in.  Next, the game just throws me this.  A+ release.

Where did the nicknames Smurf, Barney, and Elmo come from?

Where did the nicknames Smurf, Barney, and Elmo come from?
Smurfs because the NC is blue
Barney because the VS is purple
Elmo because the TR is red

also
WAITING FOR IT TO INSTALL AHHH

So do people find this game fun?  It's as if someone took BF3, made the maps bigger (But a lot less populated), then made weapons more unfair.

Smurfs because the NC is blue
Barney because the VS is purple
Elmo because the TR is red

I'm not an idiot. I'm asking who first coined these terms and in what community did they become popular.