how do i make a push release button?

Author Topic: how do i make a push release button?  (Read 447 times)

hey everyone, so I want to know how to make an event where I click a brick, and it turns on a light, but turns off as soon as i release my mouse. So, I want the light to flash essentially, but only as long as I click the button for. is this possible with events?

Perhaps variables? (I'm clueless).

Big Brother might know how to pull it off - if it is possible. Maybe you could shoot him a PM if you don't immediately get any help.

Perhaps variables? (I'm clueless).

Big Brother might know how to pull it off - if it is possible. Maybe you could shoot him a PM if you don't immediately get any help.
No, you'd probably need an entirely new event for holding the mouse button. The default one just checks for each and every separate click.

No, you'd probably need an entirely new event for holding the mouse button. The default one just checks for each and every separate click.
You can however set it to the jet button, typically your right mouse button, using VCE.

Would that work for you?

You can however set it to the jet button, typically your right mouse button, using VCE.

Would that work for you?
what do you mean? set the on button to left click, and to turn it off right click?

what do you mean? set the on button to left click, and to turn it off right click?
No, set it to where if your jetting the event happens, but when you stop jetting the event stops. To prevent the player from moving you could use a no jet playertype and I'm pretty sure holding the right mouse button would still count as jetting.

No, set it to where if your jetting the event happens, but when you stop jetting the event stops. To prevent the player from moving you could use a no jet playertype and I'm pretty sure holding the right mouse button would still count as jetting.

Yeah.  It does.

<var:pl:firing>

okay, so how do i do that? whats the event?