Author Topic: KLI's List of Suggestions  (Read 1936 times)

As you already know from the thread title, this is a list of suggestions for good ol' Blockland.
They are not in any particular order, they are just numbered so you can refer to them easily. However, please don't post these simple kinds of feedback:
1. yesh. 2. omg who cares 3. NEVA!
Note: These suggestions aren't all original, but I wanted to put them in this list 'cause I like 'em.
LET TEH LIST BEGIN!!!

1. Moar space-y maps. Earth Orbit isn't enough.
2. The following brick plant errors MUST BE ELIMINATED:
     2a. Unstable. And if you think this breaks realism at all, then how real is it when a giant city build in slopes is supported by a couple of 1x1's... In RL, with legos, it would topple over unless it was PERFECTLY BALANCED THE ENTIRE TIME. It's dumb, really. So  we need to get rid of it.
     2b. Too Loud. This plant error is just plain annoying. See #3 for details...
3. BETTER MUSIC BRICKS.
   One improvement we need here is the ability to have them "overlap". In other words, you should be able to build music bricks in various places, with the same song, and not get Too Loud's. Somehow, it needs to be made so that it's the same volume everywhere that the music "reaches".
   Also, we need the ability to adjust the distance that music reaches, and/or it's volume. Something in the music brick wrench gui. This might also help with too louds...
4. Click this link to go to a neat suggestion I like: http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=19637.0
5. A preloader for those loooooooong downloads. In case you don't know what a preloader is, it's like an extremely simple game that you can entertain yourself with while you wait for something to download. Yes, I know that you can chat while you wait to spawn in a server, but I'd rather play a simple little stupid game while I load something BIG.
6. A 'build zone' type of thing. Some kind of mission editor box-type thingy that you could place, and you could NOT build outside of the box. However people could walk outside of the box for whatever reasons. This could be an interesting way to prevent building in some sorta RPG without doing a default minigame script with no building.
7. "Hair" for minifigs. Not like on the faces, but a thing that you put on like a hat, but it looks like lego minifig hair. (only blocko styled, obviously.)
8. The ability to see what addons a server has before you join it. This way, you can see if a server has a f****** up addons folder BEFORE you join it, and you don't dl a single cruddy file in a messed up folder.
9. Dancing. Emote. 'Nuff said.
10. 3RD PERSON CROSSHAIR!!!!!!! WE NEEDS THIS!!!! [/caps]
11. An /afk function, that changes your playerobject name and color to, say: Blockhead [AFK], AND changes the color & name in the F2 player list to reflect the AFK-ness. (I know there IS something that changes the playerobject name, but it doesn't affect anything else that I know of.
12. A larger inventory. (the Q button one) Perhaps changeable by SuperAdmins.
13. Decal/Face/other .jpg's being able to be dl'd by other clients (the second checkbox in network options perhaps? Who knows...)
14. For the last one, I won't make a suggestion regarding the game, instead, I'll change it up and make a forum based suggestion:
OMFG BADSPOT GIVE US OUR MODIFY BACK ON ALL BOARDS EXCEPT MAYBE HELP AND THOSE PLACES YOU DON'T LIKE EDIT'S.
I'm sorry about that but not having modify is getting annoying to pretty much everyone.

Thank you for reading, and btw, if you quote, don't quote everything at once... At least edit out #14... :P
Let teh posting begin...

some of these are good

why thank you.
I wish you'd at least tell me which ones were good though. :cookieMonster:

better music bricks, preloader (lol blockland topdown maze), See what addons a serber has, dancing, and the afk function.

1. Moar space-y maps. Earth Orbit isn't enough.
 - I liked the idea some Blockland mods had (no idea which had it first) of a moon-based map.
 - Personally I'd like some space-based weapons and vehicles. An "Escape Pod" vehicle would be nice.
2. The following brick plant errors MUST BE ELIMINATED:
     2a. Unstable. And if you think this breaks realism at all, then how real is it when a giant city build in slopes is supported by a couple of 1x1's... In RL, with legos, it would topple over unless it was PERFECTLY BALANCED THE ENTIRE TIME. It's dumb, really. So  we need to get rid of it.

- I'd like an idea of "Stress" on certain bricks, where it goes "Blink FX" between colour and red when it gets too much and then breaks if it goes higher than that. Maybe a visual onscreen warning - like the "Small" plant errors when your bricks are about to break.
     2b. Too Loud. This plant error is just plain annoying. See #3 for details...
3. BETTER MUSIC BRICKS.
   One improvement we need here is the ability to have them "overlap". In other words, you should be able to build music bricks in various places, with the same song, and not get Too Loud's. Somehow, it needs to be made so that it's the same volume everywhere that the music "reaches".
   Also, we need the ability to adjust the distance that music reaches, and/or it's volume. Something in the music brick wrench gui. This might also help with too louds...

- I would like it if the distance is variable, and "Too Loud" only applies to the distance you actually hear it at. This could be measured sometime with someone listening to the music and using vectorDist (him + music brick) and changing Too Loud distance to that. Maybe enforce a Max Music Bricks per player if it isn't already.
4. Click this link to go to a neat suggestion I like: http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=19637.0
 - Could be implemented by a mod, probably not by Badspot though. Then again, with the Horse Ray...
5. A preloader for those loooooooong downloads. In case you don't know what a preloader is, it's like an extremely simple game that you can entertain yourself with while you wait for something to download. Yes, I know that you can chat while you wait to spawn in a server, but I'd rather play a simple little stupid game while I load something BIG.
 - Internet flash games.
6. A 'build zone' type of thing. Some kind of mission editor box-type thingy that you could place, and you could NOT build outside of the box. However people could walk outside of the box for whatever reasons. This could be an interesting way to prevent building in some sorta RPG without doing a default minigame script with no building.
 - Bleh7777 implemented this in Return to Blockland, such a thing could be put in. Perhaps using the Mission Area i.e. within one repeat.
7. "Hair" for minifigs. Not like on the faces, but a thing that you put on like a hat, but it looks like lego minifig hair. (only blocko styled, obviously.)
 - Sounds good.
8. The ability to see what addons a server has before you join it. This way, you can see if a server has a f****** up addons folder BEFORE you join it, and you don't dl a single cruddy file in a messed up folder.
 - I had the idea of an auto extractor for add-ons using a .exe file and a custom file format containing all the files + data on where to place. But this sort of thing sounds good. A detector for "Add-Ons/Add-Ons" or "Add-Ons/Shapes/Add-Ons" when one is executed?
9. Dancing. Emote. 'Nuff said.
 - It'd be found funny and actually used for 15 seconds then never used again. Meanwhile, about an hour or two's work for Badspot to animate.
10. 3RD PERSON CROSSHAIR!!!!!!! WE NEEDS THIS!!!! [/caps]
 - Port the TwoGuns "aim laser"?
11. An /afk function, that changes your playerobject name and color to, say: Blockhead [AFK], AND changes the color & name in the F2 player list to reflect the AFK-ness. (I know there IS something that changes the playerobject name, but it doesn't affect anything else that I know of.
 - A slight edit + the v0002 score update functions can make this possible.
12. A larger inventory. (the Q button one) Perhaps changeable by SuperAdmins.
 - Go look for Terror/Destruction's Juggernaught. Apply the inventory thing to PlayerStandardArmor.
13. Decal/Face/other .jpg's being able to be dl'd by other clients (the second checkbox in network options perhaps? Who knows...)
 - This would only work for the host's decals not custom ones by other clients, so not really that useful.
14. For the last one, I won't make a suggestion regarding the game, instead, I'll change it up and make a forum based suggestion:
OMFG BADSPOT GIVE US OUR MODIFY BACK ON ALL BOARDS EXCEPT MAYBE HELP AND THOSE PLACES YOU DON'T LIKE EDIT'S.

- I say go with the half-hour edit. Or, perhaps, edits add to the end of the post, disallowing "Blanking" edits but allowing the addition of useful information/updates. Just something different rather than removing alltogether.

I bet you wanted to edit your first post. The bit where it said "edit's" rather than "edits".

I bet you wanted to edit your first post. The bit where it said "edit's" rather than "edits".
LMAO!
I didn't even notice that, lol.
We needs 30-min edits allowed, or "amending". (where it just gets tacked onto the end of the post.) Or, how about edits in your own thread in OTHER BOARDS...

All of your suggestions sound good except number 10.
BUUUUURN IT!

@space guy
We would, but the download is down and I dunno if anyone has it.