I hate being the spy on TF2 and here's why.

Author Topic: I hate being the spy on TF2 and here's why.  (Read 3777 times)

Whenever people check for spies they do it randomly. If they see a team member they will engage in shooting. Then there is the pyro who randomly sprays fire anywhere as he moves and he will randomly spray fire on teammates as a "spy check."

If TF2 had friendly fire spy checking wouldn't be as effective.

OP is spy!
--
Thats why I don't like being spy, those checks.

I went into a server that had friendly fire once.
It was awful.

I have to agree. It's annoying as forget, but it's an effective way of killing.

I shoot everyone who acts suspicous on my team as a soldier. Most of the time It's a spy blowing up and them raging.

I went into a server that had friendly fire once.
It was awful.

See, because out of habit everyone checks for spies randomly without the proper evidence first.

That's not how the spy system should work.

If they spy check everyone, and they got you, they did their job.

You're relying on your disguise to much, disguise is mostly only there for sentries. Use cloak to get past people.

You're relying on your disguise to much, disguise is mostly only there for sentries. Use cloak to get past people.

Umm the entire point of a disguise is to fool non-AI players too. Max Payne 3, Duke Nukem Forever and Uncharted 3 manage to do it right.

The key is to go in Valve servers and find some new F2Ps there. All you have to do is disguise and you will never be killed.
Be careful though, you have an 80% chance in getting kicked.

But seriously, only use disguise if you're right near the enemy spawn and you start to move along with them. Try to fake reload.
If someone finds you, shoot like hell and cloak away.

I hate pyros who don't extinguish burning teamates with their airblast.

Umm the entire point of a disguise is to fool non-AI players too. Max Payne 3, Duke Nukem Forever and Uncharted 3 manage to do it right.
Pity this isn't the same game. Use cloak.
If you don't want to play spy right feel free, but you really don't help yourself.

this so much.

That's a habit to me whenever I'm pyro.

The Dead Ringer helps since it can be equipped while disguised.

Optionally, you could play as a different class.

wait you can do that?