Poll

Support?

Yes
No
I'll make it
Do a barrel roll

Author Topic: Airspeed Indicator, Attitude Indicator and Altimeter  (Read 3103 times)

Many of you have seen the compass mod, it is the little circle that tells you which way you are going. What if there were two other instruments to aid us in flying, especially formation flying, Raping, and overall realism! It would also make it possible to fly off of instruments in Blockland.

The Airspeed indicator would indicate how fast you are going (Blocks Per Second). The Attitude indicator would show the aircraft's position in relation to the map's horizon. The Altitude indicator would indicate how high up above sea level the plane is (In BL's case, how high above the altitude of SLATE in blocks)

An Airspeed Indicator:

Altimeter:

Attitude Indicator:

What I propose is that there is a toggle-able circle (Like the compass mod, and about the same size as the compass) for each of these instruments (They don't have to look exactly like the ones in the pictures, just close enough to know what it is). Thank you all for reading!

lolno I'm not making this one  :cookieMonster:

Altitude ind could be a 3D model that sort of works like the blockhead when you customize an avatar.
It would have to be clientsided though.

Can't draw lines or rotate images, out of luck for attitude indicator

Maybe they could all be just in one speedometer thing in the bottom of the screen? and would just plain text be acceptable? because i think text would be easier to do than gauges and you could use it in all flying vehicles such as in futuristic star fighters because i don't think star fighters from 3038 would use 21st century style gauges.

Something just saying on the bottom:
DIP LEFT, DIP RIGHT
UP LEFT, UP RIGHT
LEVEL
(Something like that)

The mod can also be just a circle with the numbers, or just the numbers and no circles, like on the P-51 Mustang Strato made

Like this one? http://scatteredspace.com/forum/index.php?topic=1352.msg21667#msg21667
It has everything but the attitude indicator. Maybe you should PM him to release it.

Like this one? http://scatteredspace.com/forum/index.php?topic=1352.msg21667#msg21667
It has everything but the attitude indicator. Maybe you should PM him to release it.
Need to be logged in to see the post.

HOLY CRAP IDEA FOR THE ATTITUDE INDICATOR.

Ok, so with the compass, the N moves around the circle. So what if you had a circle, with a straight line through it, and at the top of the circle was some sort of symbol or thing that moves left or right depending on your attitude?

What is Mr. doom's BL forum account name?

Pretty sure it's Nasa62.

It looks like he hasn't been on there in a while though. If all else fails, here is his profile on ScatteredSpace.