Author Topic: 100,000 Strong for Timesplitters 4  (Read 922 times)

so there's this huge facebook campaign going on right now about persuading Crytek UK to make Timesplitters 4

https://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

Some Crytek employees have promised to create concept art and such when the member count reaches a specific number, so like the page to make sure TS4 doesn't die again!

In case you're sceptical; Crytek UK mostly consists of former Free Radical Design employees (who, as you probably know, made the previous games), so you hopefully shouldn't have to worry about [insert large video game company here] ruining it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:03:02 PM by Flubbman »

I'd love a Timesplitters 4. It would most likely be horrid compared to most modern day shooters, but I'd still buy and enjoy it.

I'd love a Timesplitters 4. It would most likely be horrid compared to most modern day shooters, but I'd still buy and enjoy it.

How would it be "horrid" compared to most modern day shooters? Most modern day shooters are complete stuff.

Future Perfect's arcade mode was the best thing ever in the history of the everything on top of an stuff.

i've only ever played the first one, such a fun game i wish i still had it :(

How would it be "horrid" compared to most modern day shooters? Most modern day shooters are complete stuff.

can't be that stuffty if the creators are making billions of dollars.

can't be that stuffty if the creators are making billions of dollars.
Maybe they're not "stuffty", but they're all the same game with a different name.

Maybe they're not "stuffty", but they're all the same game with a different name.
not really

not really
Okay, they all have a different single player campaign.

The TS games had fast-paced and challenging game modes, fun characters and a lot of humor. I don't see why they shouldn't bring it back.

That's you're opinion, not everyone else's.

The TS games had fast-paced and challenging game modes, fun characters and a lot of humor. I don't see why they shouldn't bring it back.
A lot of modern shooters have major differences. Why does everyone gotta be like dat :C.
I really enjoyed all the TS games and would like a new one, but I fear it'll be outdated/outclassed because of our current progress with shooting games. It would still be great but I don't think it'll get the hype because of that reason.
The level editor was always my favorite and when they added downloadable maps in FP it was amazing. Alas they took down the servers after a few short years.

A lot of modern shooters have major differences. Why does everyone gotta be like dat :C.
I really enjoyed all the TS games and would like a new one, but I fear it'll be outdated/outclassed because of our current progress with shooting games. It would still be great but I don't think it'll get the hype because of that reason.
The level editor was always my favorite and when they added downloadable maps in FP it was amazing. Alas they took down the servers after a few short years.
yeah, it probably won't be that successful "because it isn't realistic enough!!"

still, it's worth a shot.

yeah, it probably won't be that successful "because it isn't realistic enough!!"

still, it's worth a shot.
My point exactly. It's probably going to fail to gain enough hype and dropped again. But I've done my part and liked the page. Nothing much I can do besides that.

for example
halo has constant powerups (I guess you can call them that), vehicles, large maps, and high character and map customization
whereas CoD has their killstreaks, smaller maps that are easy to get around on foot, and high class customization
for some reason they even took out the only character customization they had. but w/e

there's also a lot more that's different

for example
halo has constant powerups (I guess you can call them that), vehicles, large maps, and high character and map customization
whereas CoD has their killstreaks, smaller maps that are easy to get around on foot, and high class customization
for some reason they even took out the only character customization they had. but w/e

there's also a lot more that's different
I'm a Battlefield man myself. (Not a fan of EA)
I just like how the game feels intense. The jets flying through the air. The fear of heli's launching an attack on your position.
Timesplitters is great because it had so many gamemodes, level creation, multiple era's of technology and a classic fps feel. Things you won't get in any modern day fps.

I'm a Battlefield man myself. (Not a fan of EA)
Doesn't EA own Battlefield?