Author Topic: The Heavy Machine Gun (Or: 6 Barreled Assault Rifle)  (Read 1866 times)

The Heavy Machine Gun, quickly becoming the most popular multipurpose anti-personnel weapon in inner systems.
This weapon features 6 rotating barrels with an autocooling system and magnetic ammo delivery, to assure low jam rates.

The HMG is a medium powered assault rifle, taking 4-5 shots to the chest to kill (disregarding kinetic shielding), and 1-2 to the head. The weapon itself has a variable fire rate, as the longer you hold down the trigger, the faster it shoots, and the more inaccurate it gets. Fire rates start at 600rpm and reaches the max of 900rpm in just under 3 seconds, however getting to such a firerate depletes the 80 round magazine quickly, so a mounted version is usually used for sustained fire.
The gun also features a Blowfish© underbarrel grenade launcher, capable of launching 45mm HE grenades at surprised enemies.

Specs for the lazies:

Medium - Fast firerate
Very Accurate to Average Accuracy
4-5 bullets to kill
80 Round Magazine
4 Grenade Magazine or 7.5 Recharge time(For balancing)

It's a good gun from a good game.
For those interested in what game is is, it's called Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter. Made in 2003 for PC, Xbox, and PS2

SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISING:

This video I put up a while ago displays some use of it fairly well, for those who want a better idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK59CfjoRUM
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:10:01 PM by Jubel »

So it's a handheld minigun

Sorta like the chaingun from doom?

Fire rates start at 600rpm and reaches the max of 900rpm in just under 3 seconds, however getting to such a firerate depletes the 80 round magazine quickly, so a mounted version is usually used for sustained fire.
one magazine lasts around 6 seconds?
i was bored and did math

Looks like something out of Borderlands.

one magazine lasts around 6 seconds?
i was bored and did math
Pretty much.
but in-game, I personally never use the full fire-rate, because the accuracy gets extremely bad.