Author Topic: Gay Marriage v.1000  (Read 20814 times)

I saw this image
"Gay marrage, legal in 5 states"
love with horses, legal in 32 states"
it was funny but really a disgusting image

That's not really a fair comparison as it's legal in all states to have gay love but not legal in any state to marry a horse.

-snip-
I agree. I was raised some way so I should never try to become more tolerant or anything. Bettering yourself is loving stupid

Thorax gtfo.. You are trying to start stuff now.

Lol oh man.

Can you explain to me how that's even possible? I took a completely neutral stance.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homoloveuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

The passages out of Lev (18:22 and 20:13) are completely out of context. In Lev, God is addressing Moses about the Israelites, not Christians. Since Christ's death, Christans weren't required to keep many of the same commands, such as being forbidden to pick up sticks on Saturday or wearing clothing that is a blend of two materials. Not to mention that the verse is very ambiguous when literally translated and therefore, the exact meaning disputed, ranging from all homoloveual activity (both male and female) being forbidden to simply forbidding ritualistic brown town love between two men, which is a common practice in Pagan temples. 1 Cor 6:9-10 only mentions homoloveuals in some translations, meaning that perhaps that isn't the correct meaning of the passage and instead was simply added for that translation. Rom 1:26-28 is a passage from a letter Paul wrote to the Romans. Dr. R.S. Truluck said,

"Paul's writings have been taken out of context and twisted to punish and oppress every identifiable minority in the world: Jews, children, women, blacks, slaves, politicians, divorced people, convicts, pro-choice people, lesbians, gays, biloveuals, transloveuals, religious reformers, the mentally ill, and the list could go on and on.  Paul is often difficult and confusing to understand.  A lot of Paul's writing is very difficult to translate.  Since most of his letters were written in response to news from other people, reading Paul can be like listening to one side of a telephone conversation.  We know, or think we know, what Paul is saying, but we have to guess what the other side has said."

Knowing this, I wanted to point out one section of this verse, "...for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman..." Notice that the word "Natural" appears a few times. This is saying that hetroloveual women exchanged what was natural (hetroloveuality) for what was unnatural (homoloveuality). The same is said for men. Now, this can be interpreted a few ways. One is that it is wrong for those born a certain orientation to switch orientation, meaning that homoloveuality is ok if the person is born that way. Another view is that all same-love behavior is abnormal and unnatural, no matter by whom it is done and regardless of the nature of their relationship. As you can see, the passage can be taken numerous ways and doesn't provide a definitive answer.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. -- Leviticus 18:22

you are a bad christian

Read the above.

I agree. I was raised some way so I should never try to become more tolerant or anything. Bettering yourself is loving stupid
lol. so changing his opinion would make him a better person?

Since being gay isn't against the law, why should marriage be? Almost all of you guys are minors (myself included ofc), so the first thought that springs to your mind probably wouldn't be about tax breaks. This is really one of the main driving arguments for gay marriage. There are tax deductions for married couples if they file jointly.

Warning - while you were reading 15 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Holy stuff.

I know a gay couple.  They're really nice (not for those reasons, you perverts) and they have their own set of morals.  They're not attracted together loveually (as far as I know, but if they do, they don't let the public know about it) but are just plain soul mates.  I don't really mind it if they have morals.

Homoloveuals aren't love-starved animals with no souls.
This, I know they aren't love starved animals.
Don't just jump off of stereotypes until you actually prove those stereotypes.
EX: Black people
1. They all aren't addicted to KFC
2. Not all addicted to Koo Laid
3. Not all of them are thieves
4. Not all are drugee's.
--
Thorax, anything religious will cause a war 3/4 the time.

lol. so changing his opinion would make him a better person?

He's admitted to being wrong multiple times, but won't do anything about it. It's not a matter of opinion.

Since being gay isn't against the law, why should marriage be? Almost all of you guys are minors (myself included ofc), so the first thought that springs to your mind probably wouldn't be about tax breaks. This is really one of the main driving arguments for gay marriage. There are tax deductions for married couples if they file jointly.

I'm too lazy to check but I'm almost certain they can get those tax breaks without being married via like a gay partnership permit type deal where the government recognizes they are together but won't call it marriage.

Alyx, most anti-gay arguments revolve around religion. There's nothing wrong with clarifying some Bible quotes.

if family men are acctually afraid of homoloveuals then they need to be treated.

If they think their homophobic because they dont like gays, can we just call them starfishs?

I'm too lazy to check but I'm almost certain they can get those tax breaks without being married via like a gay partnership permit type deal where the government recognizes they are together but won't call it marriage.
It's probably only in some states, the same way marriage for gays is only in some states. I haven't heard of such a thing but it makes plenty of sense

I find it funny that most of you have found it comforting to simply dismiss me as some crazy right-wing religious extremist, I hope that delusion works out well for you. I really do. Anyways, to continue on my previous post:

You can just as easily say it's okay to gamble and participate in prostitution, as to be gay, because you don't see anything wrong with it yet at the same time you're unaware of the destruction it does to human morality.

I don't support gambling because I know it can become a very bad habit and a lifestyle, effectively destroying social relationships and causing financial devastation.
I don't support prostitution because I don't believe it is right for you to treat your body like nothing more than merchandise that can be sold to people. Humans are better than that.
I don't support abortion because I believe that all human life has value, and that it begins from the moment that baby is concieved. You can call an unborn baby whatever you want, but it's still a human being and doesn't deserve to be treated like something a mother can simply dispose of because it's convenient for her. Murdering a child is never acceptable. Since this topic isn't about abortion, I won't argue your points here.
Most of all though, I find homoloveuality to be one of the most perverted and disghusting things out there. Humans were not made so you could stick your snake up another guy's ass. brown town isn't the only love they can have. If they're attracted to men, let them express it. Let me mention the male g-spot (p-spot) is up their ass. Animals do it, but they are animals and don't know any better. love is purely a result of instinct. As I consider humans animals, I can infer a loveual niche or idea they have is natural, probably uncontrolled by them. Like I said before, humans are better than that. Besides our ability to communicate and create things, we are bumbling, slow monkeys. There are gay couples out there who have raised children, and a good portion of those children have grown up knowing somehow and feeling that it was wrong, that it was simply not right. Cite your sources bro: unlike straight couples, gay couples would expect their child to be straight, if they try to force them to be gay, they're terrible, but anyone who could do that shouldn't represent the entire community. It may seem harmless and like just another "why not" to many of you, but it's not. It destroys human morality straight to the soul. Explain. I'm not saying this as a religious person, i'm saying this simply from observing and knowing. It is downright wrong.

There are alot of unhappy people out there in the world. Some are unhappy because they live in poverty and can't afford to have clean drinking water, enough food or medicine. Or there are those that are unhappy because they are abused or are being tortured or put into slavery. Those kind of people would willingly accept any and all help that they could get to get out of their unhappy situation.

Or there are those who have a different kind of unhappy. They are generally very unhappy and no matter how hard they try they can't find true happiness in anything. They resort to things such as drugs, research, homoloveuality here's where you're wrong: There are plenty of gay people with great lives, who don't destroy themselves, with friends and family, who ARE HAPPY., gambling, prostitution and so on, and find happiness in it. But it's not a lasting happiness, it's one that goes away, so they have to go back for more. They still can't find a permanent happiness, but there is one thing they love doing more than anything else, which is trying to bring other people down and destroy them, emotionally, socially and legally. "THEY ARE TRYING TO DESTROY ME BY UNITING IN MATRIMONY" They come under many guises and seemingly harmless profiles when in reality these people are vicious and should be avoided by everyone. I have a gay neighbor. He has been nothing but polite and kind; He's a simple man who loves his partner.These people are the type that are destroying america all in the name of "equal rights" and "freedom" when in reality the freedom they want is one that will eventually lead to their own destruction. If you really think homoloveuality is an act of destroying yourself, let them do it? Why do you care? If they all destroy themselves, wouldn't the problem be eradicated? I don't understand, you don't seem to care at all about these people.

If there is one true freedom that america desperately needs, it is the freedom to know right from wrong. We already have that.
There are other benefits to marriage. I read a book (called "my two moms" i think) about a lesbian couple who raised this guy. One of them was brought to the ER and the doctor couldn't legally let her partner do something (something important) because they were not partners by law. I'm sorry, the details are fuzzy.

Alyx, most anti-gay arguments revolve around religion. There's nothing wrong with clarifying some Bible quotes.
"hey a book said something! It must be right!"
Dude the bible is just a damn book, I have realized that.
I can make my own any time I wanted.

There are other benefits to marriage. I read a book (called "my two moms" i think) about a lesbian couple who raised this guy. One of them was brought to the ER and the doctor couldn't legally let her partner do something (something important) because they were not partners by law. I'm sorry, the details are fuzzy.
Oh I think I saw that. That guy was on the daily show or another comedy-pundit program

Oh I think I saw that. That guy was on the daily show or another comedy-pundit program
It was the Daily Show with Jon Whoozawhatzit.