Wedge's Brick Party (BYOB) [Arcologies]

Poll

What do you think next week's theme should be?

Arcologies
Famous Landmarks
Interconnected Space Stations
Egyptian Tombs with event challenges
Theme Park

Author Topic: Wedge's Brick Party (BYOB) [Arcologies]  (Read 38373 times)

Wedge's Brick Party (BYOB)
Current Theme: Arcologies

Introduction

Welcome to Wedge's Brick Party. WBP is unique in that it's a community run dedicated server. Each week we run a free build with a different theme. The server themes are nominated and voted on by the community. At the end of each week we vote on next week's theme and show off our favorite builds from the week. Sometimes we host building contests with small prizes.

We don't just do free builds though. Every weekend there is some kind of special programming. It could be a cooperative community build where everyone works on a single project one week, a classic team deathmatch the next, and then a race track the next week. The weekend programming is planned and organized by community members.

You don't have to just sit around though. Do you have a great idea for our server? Are you interested planning our next big event? Get involved! Join the steam group and attend our weekly roundtable discussion. Feel free to contact me personally. Finally we always welcome your comments and ideas here in this thread!

Rules

The server only has three rules:
  • Be decent to people.
  • Don't be an idiot.
  • Whatever the admins say goes.
A copy of the rule enforcement policy is available here.

News and Updates

Server News

7/2/2012
This week's freebuild is up and running. The theme is the future.

6/24/2012
Server is officially launched! Week's 1 theme is Build your own Island! Don't forget to vote on next week's theme and get nominate themes you would like to see for future servers! There are two more announcements. First, we're looking for people interested in producing mods for the server. Second, SECC is going to meet sometime this week to plan and setup this weekend's event.

6/23/2012
The server is now open!

6/23/2012
The server will be open in an hour or two.

6/23/2012
Server is running fine and I've sent out the first admin requests. I'm going to bed now, I'll start the event tomorrow when I wake up. Anybody who has accepted my invitation to be on the server staff is also encouraged, but not required, to join in.

6/23/2012
Finishing some administrative tasks and fixing some stuff on the build. Public launch will be in a couple of hours.

6/22/2012
Hey everyone! I decided to purchase a dedicated server similar to Badspot's dedicated and open it up for community use. I'd like to experiment in making it a community run server.
Events

6/29/2012
This weekend's program is a community build! The theme will be ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian. Minimal add-ons will be enabled and admins will be enforcing build quality. Builds will either be duplicated over or you will be invited to build in the construction zone. Free build is still open everywhere else.

6/22/2012
Initial server test, open discussion, and say hi to the staff! We'll be running a preview of week 1's theme "Build your own island." The server free build will officially start on Sunday the 24th at 10PM central time and run until next Sunday. Next week's theme will be determined by popular vote! Nominations for week 3's theme will begin shortly. Theme votes always start on Friday and end of Sunday. Since we don't have a contest vote this week, this week's theme votes will run from now until next Sunday.
Mod Changes

7/1/2012
If you'd like to download the server mods we are running ahead of time, we've got the map Nova, and Packer's Tunnel and Hover Scout vehicles. We also have a couple of extra special mods being beta tested on the server right now. First up is Marcem's safe brick, which is eventually going to be part of the maibox system. Sumz has also created a new alternative to JVS doors called Simple Doors. These will be updated over the course of the week.

6/23/2012
Mods added: Biplane, Window Bricks, Fence Bricks, Goblet, Mug. Server updates include moderator plugin, admin/mod shields, and autosaver.
Staff Changes

7/1/2012
Welcome our new administrator Ronin! Also our new moderators Pload, Onyx, and Lalam! If you feel you are being mistreated by a member of the server staff please post in the thread or send me a private message and I will take care of it right away.

6/24/2012
Welcome our new administrators entrepreneur in, Rotondo and Swholli! Also our new moderators Otis Da Houskat, SegFault314, StoreClerk, Thar, and Whermacht!

6/23/2012
Welcome our new administrators KINEX, Nitramtj, and Facechild! Also our first every moderator SlickSilver555!

6/23/2012
Welcome our new administrators Barnabas, Bisjac, Ephialtes, LoserHero, Marcem, SeventhSandwich, and Sumz! The second batch of admin invitations will be going out shortly.

6/23/2012
The first batch of administrator requests has been sent out.

6/22/2012
The first batch of administrator requests will be sent shortly. If you're interested in becoming a moderate for WBP, please respond to the PM.

Contests

There are currently 2 ongoing contests.

Build an Info Station!
Build an information station like to use in future servers! It can be any theme you want. It must fit on a 32x32 plate, and include tip, contact, theme vote, and suggestion terminals, as well as a compass. It must be clearly marked as an information station so that people joining the server know what it is. If you build your station in my server, please mark your station with a sign or something including your name and a note that this is not a real information station.

PM a screenshot of your info station to me and it might be featured on a future server! You will be credited in the main post and on the server.

Player's Choice Contest
The player's choice contest will use an in-game voting feature to determine the best builds of the week. The player's choice contest is not currently operational. In the mean time, please enjoy the weekly server highlights.

Staff

Administrators
Barnabas · Bisjac · Ephialtes · Facechild · KINEX · LoserHero · Marcem · Nitramtj · entrepreneur in · Ronin · Rotondo · SeventhSandwich · Snackbar · Sumz · Swholli
Moderators
Bacon · BLOODBATH · Lalam · Onyx · Otis Da Houskat · Pload · SegFault314 · StoreClerk · Thar · Wehrmact
Content Contributers
Nullable · Marcem · Rotondo · SlickSilver555 · Sumz · Trey
Contact

Send me a private message on the forums.
Send me an instant message on Steam.
Send me an email.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:44:52 PM by Wedge »

will think about it :D

I don't you're going to get many joins atm because it's 1 am EST, lol
Looks cool, I'll try to join when there's daylight

This sounds awesome.

Signed up. This'll be really cool, I hope.

interesting :o

i'll take a look when i get the chance

I remember when Bisjac did something along these lines a while back and it was really fun. Hope this lasts quite a while.

i'm assuming byob means bring your own bricks lmao

i'm assuming byob means bring your own bricks lmao
Haha, I didn't even think of that, but that's awesome. I was thinking of bring your own beer. By the way, I started this server because of your thread.

I remember when Bisjac did something along these lines a while back and it was really fun. Hope this lasts quite a while.
I bought a six month lease on this server so it's going to last for at least 24 weeks. I'll see how popular it is and consider renewing after that.

General news update in main post.

6/23/2012 - General News
Server is running fine and I've sent out the first admin requests. I'm going to bed now, I'll start the event tomorrow when I wake up. Anybody who has accepted my invitation to be on the server staff is also encouraged, but not required, to join in.

6/23/2012 - Moderation Actions
The first batch of administrator requests has been sent out. If you didn't recieve a PM, I didn't ask you to be an administrator. Sorry, but you didn't make the first batch. Maybe later. I know I forgot a couple of people so don't be surprised to see an invitation show up in your inbox in round 2. Please don't ask to be made an administrator. The exception is if you were formerly a member of RTB staff or USSR. PM and I'll add you in right away since I've admined servers with you guys before and trust you with my server.

every three weeks show a different private board photo link hidden inside the build.

keep interest up.

every three weeks show a different private board photo link hidden inside the build.

keep interest up.
Haha, good idea. I'll be sure to hide something every week. Could be a screenshot from the beta board, maybe some left over screenshots from the Blockland Beta or blockland v0002, or maybe just some other relic of Blockland's past. First person to find and PM it to me will get mentioned in the main thread.

Maybe on future builds I'll get people's permission to hide it in their builds so people don't just always hunt around my stuff.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:32:25 AM by Wedge »

when you say RTB staff, thats not including beta testers right? i imagined it wouldn't due to that being a lot of people but i wasn't sure :s

Neat stuff, Wedge!  Really admiring the community aspect that's put into the server.