Author Topic: how do I art  (Read 973 times)

Practice. I just doodle in class and over the years I've gotten much better. Pick up little things that other people do. I shade spheres differently because I saw it somewhere. I draw eyes like a boss because I saw someone's style that I liked better. Keep in mind I still suck.
This is why you should spend time doing things you're genuinely good at instead.

This is why you should spend time doing things you're genuinely good at instead.
See: deviantArt

Try and draw things that are 2-3 times your skill level. It's the only way to get better or else youre just spinning in a hamster wheel.

Draw from reference.

Simply put, take any image from Google you like, and redraw it on paper to the best of your ability.
Not necessarily tracing, but that is also a good place to start to learn general shapes or curves.

A simple no-detail pen or pencil sketch would be good enough.
Draw lightly, so you can easily erase mistakes.

Stay focused. Take your time on each line, using multiple strokes to form the line.
Keep practicing a basic 2D pencil sketch, no shading, no texture, no color. Do this for a while, then when you feel you're ready, try new techneques. Hatching/crosshatching methods are perfect for beginners, especially with black ink pen.