Author Topic: Will we ever be able to use bots again?  (Read 1394 times)

Bots won't do anything but run around. When I spawn them as aggressive they run around for a couple minutes before they feel like attacking me. Radius doesn't work. Nothing freaking works.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=200829.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=199478.0
SRSLY?? :C

Why doesn't anybody care about this game?
There are lots of people who have the skill to mess around with mods, but they read 4chan and play tf2 instead.
and then someone models a monster and nine guns. yeah ok.

I guess anyone who has a problem with something should just learn everything and fix the problems themselves! yay Blockland community!

this really needs to be fixed, so many good ideas have been put down due to broken bot events, stop working on purple dong shooters and actually make something worthwhile

Bots are broken? stuff. There goes a ton of fun.

Bots won't do anything but run around. When I spawn them as aggressive they run around for a couple minutes before they feel like attacking me.
try setting their sight range and field of view as well

also you'll want to assign what weapon type they're using if you're giving them ranged weapons. I forget the exact event class its stored under but its there somewhere.

And don't set FoV to over 100 if you don't want them to be able to see you even when you're behind them.

this really needs to be fixed, so many good ideas have been put down due to broken bot events, stop working on purple dong shooters and actually make something worthwhile
but there's a new hat pack with 120 new hats of which five are actual hats! isn't that useful?! WOOWPapalopaopaalooopaa

also you'll want to assign what weapon type they're using if you're giving them ranged weapons. I forget the exact event class its stored under but its there somewhere.

And don't set FoV to over 100 if you don't want them to be able to see you even when you're behind them.
I did all those things before I made the thread. :[

It's weird how most things used to work, but then one day all bots went mentally insane :c

but there's a new hat pack with 120 new hats of which five are actual hats! isn't that useful?! WOOWPapalopaopaalooopaa1
First of all:
wat

Second, checking that.
Edit: Just spawned a couple of bots and they seem to work fine.
Edit2: Same bunch of Bots and the firefight's still going on. No of the mentioned problems encountered yet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:59:46 PM by Snick0rz »

Yeah, Bot events seem to have become both one of the best and worst add-ons ever, I'd love to get it fixed. D: