Author Topic: V21 what if my comp specs aren't good enough  (Read 4204 times)

Almost none, yes. But is there a difference at all? Defiantly.
Run a game at 60 FPS. Then, using a console command or an outside utility like fraps, limit the framerate to 55. You really won't notice a difference, especially a "defiant" difference like you suggest.

ATI Radeon HD 4200

I guess I'll be okay, right?

Run a game at 60 FPS. Then, using a console command or an outside utility like fraps, limit the framerate to 55. You really won't notice a difference, especially a "defiant" difference like you suggest.
I agree with you, but I am only stating that there is a difference between 55 and 60, but it is very minor as you said.

ATI Radeon HD 4200

I guess I'll be okay, right?
I have a Radeon HD a bit newer, and I'm more than fine. You'll be fine.

Minecraft, by its very nature (being written in Java) is bloated, and shader mods for Minecraft tend to run slower than they should, too.

Any entry-level DX11 card should run Blockland's new shaders at maximum settings. Here's one right here!

Also if you're worried about your performance (assuming your machine runs Blockland well now), don't be. Version 21 removes the old map system, which is bloated and poorly-coded, which should speed Blockland up significantly.
There's much more to Blockland than the graphics card. If you're experiencing severe drops in framerate with as little as 1k bricks, consider upgrading your RAM or CPU.

Graphically-speaking however, Blockland as it stands now doesn't use much more powerful graphics than what's featured in Tribes 2 (a 2001 game), outside of higher-resolution textures.

I have a GTX 550TI, I dont need that graphics card, thanks though. Also, im not a fan of heatsking/fanless GPUs they tend to run very hot and also heat up your system.

This is it can my Radein 9550 support GSL/HSL. Or what ever shader type Blockland uses. Orr would it be better upgrading to a Nvidia 9500GT? Since my computer is a Dell GX 260 refurbished...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:32:14 AM by Zaxx »

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, Will I be any good? I can run some games pretty good, actually. but I've been considering getting a new one.

I seriously have no idea what Loading Objects does. I think it's the sun, ground, sky, terrain, and interiors.
Lol what interiors? There will be none left.

Lol what interiors? There will be none left.
Exactly, that's why it's going to "change"

AMD Sempron 3100+ processor and Nvidia G-Force 6100 Graphics card.