[RESOURCE] DTS Brick System (Based on JVS)

Author Topic: [RESOURCE] DTS Brick System (Based on JVS)  (Read 2361 times)

First things first. Do not loving release the crap you've made with this. Whatever you may think your stuff will be fail-binned before you even know it. This is not optimized. This is not very practical. This is not a brick. This is a temporary brick replacement sort of thing. This is a DTS model that is parented to a brick.

If you need to ask more questions on how this works/what to do you are not supposed to be using this.

This is just a stripped down abused JVS content add-on that just happens to work like I wanted it to. I only released this because a bunch of people needed it.

Included are 1 example DTS brick that displays UV textures, flat and smooth shading. 2 Blender .blend files that have the brick model. The first Blender file is for 2.5 and newer versions to properly see how the model looks. The "249 Export" .blend file is for Blender 2.49b to see how the model should look before exporting and I think the DTS exporter settings are also saved. The model has 112 triangles.

Example DTS brick. Custom collisions, flat/smooth shading, spray painting, and UV textures are supported. You cannot build on it because it is not a loving brick.

I've commented the example brick scripts for easier usage. A funny feature of this wannabe-brick is that the ghost brick also has the DTS model attached and as such it has collision. That means you can put a ghost brick up in the air and jump on top of the DTS model and not fall down. Provided that you have added a collision mesh to the model.

Do not release add-ons made with this. Extract the ZIP to access the example add-on. I've also included the export log if you want to compare.
http://mirror.dataorb.net/BL_DTS_BS.zip

Thank you so much Demian, this is very useful.

The timing on this is perfect!
I've been needing this just today. Thanks for releasing.

Yeah this is what my old brick system did. I still have it. Brian scripted it, what my old forest tree that got failbinned for.