Author Topic: (Default or Addon) Build Addon List  (Read 583 times)

Hello, my fellow Modders and Mappers.

Modders, I have a job for you.

Is it possible you could make a mod that tells you what addons a saved build uses when you load the description of it?
Is is also possible you could make the list have a download button for each one that you don't have?
I would love you forever.

Good luck,

Hod

Sure, let me load up my database of every add-on ever created and used in a save.

Sure, let me load up my database of every add-on ever created and used in a save.

Lol I see your point.

It would work with RTB add-ons though.

It would work with RTB add-ons though.

This addon would be useful because some people like to save other people's saves (asking them to first) because they like the build.
What if they don't have the exact bricks or events to make it work? that would suck.

This would let them get the addons needed to load the save correctly.

This really wouldn't be hard. When you save, create a list along side the save stating all the add-ons currently enabled in the server. When you load it (or preview it in the load menu), it would check the add-ons enabled in the server with the add-ons on the list. No need for cycling through any databases or anything.

This really wouldn't be hard. When you save, create a list along side the save stating all the add-ons currently enabled in the server. When you load it (or preview it in the load menu), it would check the add-ons enabled in the server with the add-ons on the list. No need for cycling through any databases or anything.
You only want to save a list of the add-ons USED IN THE BUILD

You only want to save a list of the add-ons USED IN THE BUILD
You're going to have to define what "add-on" implies because client-sided or server-sided mods cannot be "used" in builds last time I checked.