Author Topic: Why Is Bot Events So Buggy?  (Read 1807 times)

Vehicle events are possibly even more dangerous.
-snip-
If your game was initially running at 60 TPS, within one minute you'll have 3600 (not counting TPS decrease) dead vehicles (with physics and networking for every single one) each with a fire emitter on it. Not fun.
It would be best to remove that.

Also if you want a bot to crouch, he doesn't stand back up again when you uncheck the box.

Thanks, please keep reporting these bugs so Amade can see them and not care. He doesn't play blockland anymore so they're not likely to get fixed. I might have a go but that's pretty unlikely.

Because everybody would much rather complain than fix it themselves while I'm doing things other than Blockland.
EDIT: Also, they prefer to complain about it everywhere except the places where I end up seeing it (i.e. private messages on this forum or bug reports on RtB).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:42:39 PM by Amade »

Because Amade is kinda gone now and when he was around he would mostly break the mod rather than fix it  :cookieMonster:

fakedit:
Because everybody would much rather complain than fix it themselves while I'm doing things other than Blockland.
EDIT: Also, they prefer to complain about it everywhere except the places where I end up seeing it (i.e. private messages on this forum or bug reports on RtB).
wo hay there amade

Yes, it is buggy, but it doesn't mean it has to be removed.

And it's the host's fault if it is enabled and it isn't a minigame where you can't build.

Yes, it is buggy, but it doesn't mean it has to be removed.

And it's the host's fault if it is enabled and it isn't a minigame where you can't build.
No, it isn't the host's fault if he wants to use bots for something useful but they have a bug where you can crash the server.  That is the mod creator's fault.  If the mod has a bug that crashes the server, it isn't up to the host to disable the mod.  That is stupid logic.

I hear nothing but good comments on the RTB page but I can barely get the thing to work correctly.
this is bad. if everyone keeps thinking that these events are great and safe, people will keep getting their servers crashed. not everyone knows about the problem. i've told people bot events suck before but they still insist on using them. this needs to be fixed or taken down. it isn't right to leave a mod up that can be used to crash a server in 3 seconds.

bots are broken cuz amade is ded

also bots are how fungus works

except its not fungus
dun dun dunnnn
How did he die?

bot events cause all bots to instant respawn rather than respawning after the set time limit

bot events cause all bots to instant respawn rather than respawning after the set time limit
You can set a delay for that.

this is bad. if everyone keeps thinking that these events are great and safe, people will keep getting their servers crashed. not everyone knows about the problem. i've told people bot events suck before but they still insist on using them. this needs to be fixed or taken down. it isn't right to leave a mod up that can be used to crash a server in 3 seconds.
I've had so many experiences with my projects being ruined by them before that I just completely refuse to use them at all costs.

>types /applyav
>deletes entire event, replaces it with 50 lines of setting brick color to red

Bots in vehicles, they piss me off.