Author Topic: Blockland crashing on open  (Read 631 times)

Okay so I was playing an LAN game with my brothers, then wanted to go to a different server. I have to refresh Blockland a lot for servers to finally show on the list, and sometimes that doesn't work, so I closed it. Now I can't open it, the updater just fails

This is my first time large problem with Blockland
If I need a console.log or anything else, just tell me where to get it and I'll post it
I will be grateful for all help!

oh wait sqlite errors

ok try renaming your cache.db to cacheBAK.db

then try opening blockland, if that fails.... uh. set it to writable, but i don't remember how to do that.
if it fails rename it back to cache.db and wait for someone else to help you.

It's a SQLite error.

Try deleting cache.db and what version of Mac OS X do you have?

Version 10.6.8

Snow Leopard

Trying the both cache.db thingys

Navigate to your cache.db file. "Users/uernamehere/Documents/Blockland" (It's in there). Right click it and select "Get Info" a properties window should open up about the cache.db file. Scroll all the way down until you see the "Sharing and Permissions" section.
In the bottom right hand corner, there is a padlock, click it and login. Then look up a bit and you should see a box with some names in it. The one you want says "Everyone" and next to that it says "Read Only" click the double arrows to change it to "Read % Write" . It may ask you o log in again, do it. That should fix it.

oh wait sqlite errors

ok try renaming your cache.db to cacheBAK.db

then try opening blockland, if that fails.... uh. set it to writable, but i don't remember how to do that.
if it fails rename it back to cache.db and wait for someone else to help you.

Did this first, downloading 1032 files, so I think thats good.
Navigate to your cache.db file. "Users/uernamehere/Documents/Blockland" (It's in there). Right click it and select "Get Info" a properties window should open up about the cache.db file. Scroll all the way down until you see the "Sharing and Permissions" section.
In the bottom right hand corner, there is a padlock, click it and login. Then look up a bit and you should see a box with some names in it. The one you want says "Everyone" and next to that it says "Read Only" click the double arrows to change it to "Read % Write" . It may ask you o log in again, do it. That should fix it.

Also did this.

Lets see if it works

It worked!

Thank guys this is AWESOME!