GameKlip - A controller for your phone (android only so far)

Author Topic: GameKlip - A controller for your phone (android only so far)  (Read 1214 times)

Just bought one. Looks cool as forget. Unfortunately the model didn't include my phone, so I selected the custom phone and put in mine.

Hopefully all goes well.

What, so it's only available for PS3 controllers?
Oh well. I'll wait. :l

>doesnt have android phone
>doesnt have PS3 controller

:panda:

Well. Most of the cons of Smartphones have been solved.  Now it looks like they could outlast the Nintendo/Sony handhelds.  The only problem now really is making smartphone games that are longer while still being fun, like the Pokémon series.

What, so it's only available for PS3 controllers?
Oh well. I'll wait. :l

The easiest and most supported way to connect devices to phones is through bluetooth. Both the Wii and PS3 use bluetooth to connect to their controllers, meaning you can do the same with phones. To be blunt, the Wiimote is a poor non-motion controller and the PS3 controller is a far better device to work with. If you really wanted to, you could make your own clip for a Wiimote. There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube showing how to connect both Wiimotes and PS3 controllers to phones.

Additionally, this should work with the iPhone if you've jailbroken it.

Might get it. I'd need a PS3 controller though.

Well. Most of the cons of Smartphones have been solved.  Now it looks like they could outlast the Nintendo/Sony handhelds.  The only problem now really is making smartphone games that are longer while still being fun, like the Pokémon series.
Yeah most of them have a weird "stuffty" feeling to them for some oddball reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

android should've just added mouse support to phones like the droid pro and droid 3 so you could do a remote desktop on your gaming computer and play games on the go

Too bad I never use my phone for that gaming because I have an irrational fear of draining my battery.

Too bad I never use my phone for that gaming because I have an irrational fear of draining my battery.
This is why I still prefer handheld game consoles.