Steam greenlight announced

Author Topic: Steam greenlight announced  (Read 1742 times)

QnA

"I know of a game that should be here. What do I do?"
   - "Go contact the game developer and suggest that they submit their game here for consideration."

im not sure all the reasons, but i thought badspot didnt like the idea of being on steam.

I think it all depends on if Badspot actually wants it on Steam.

how much of a cut would steam take if badspot put it up?

i know he already makes very little from each sale

Oh great, the handicapped Steam community now gets to decide which games get on the store and which don't.

Actually much lulz will be had if they force everybody to use this and EA gets like all of their games denied.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:11:54 PM by Extrude »

badspot's thoughts
"cool, i get $20 for this game every time someone buys it!"
"well, is still get $9 every time, that's fine!"
"oh hell no, i'm not taking only $3 from a $20 game!"

+ sales

Well, BL could get more notoriety if it were on Steam, which it probably won't be.
but, you never know.

i'm sure badspot has reasons. they're probably similar to minecraft:
Being on Steam limits a lot of what we're allowed to do with the game, and how we're allowed to talk to our users," Persson wrote. "We (probably?) wouldn't be able to, say, sell capes or have a map market place on minecraft.net that works with steam customers in a way that keeps Valve happy. It would effectively split the Minecraft community into two parts, where only some of the players can access all of the weird content we want to add to the game."

you kind of have to like

have the developer's permission.

this is a stupid as forget feature. it mean there will be more COD and less great games

you kind of have to like

this is a stupid as forget feature. it mean there will be more COD and less great games
how will it make LESS good games come out?

you kind of have to like

If you submit something that is someone else's game it sure as hell will be identified for sure.

It's not like people make games at the same rate as workshop mods.  Making a game isn't something you do within a short period of time, the things that are on Steam are practically of high quality, never anything cheap (few exceptions).

If you submit something that is someone else's game it sure as hell will be identified for sure.

It's not like people make games at the same rate as workshop mods.  Making a game isn't something you do within a short period of time, the things that are on Steam are practically of high quality, never anything cheap (few exceptions).

i mean the great community of intellectuals on steam will go for the F2P FPS game made in 6 months than a masterpiece which isn't point and shoot

didn't mean people would steal other people's work. i meant unless hawf agrees to go into steam with husk it can't be

I think Badspot or Kompressor said that they did try to get it on steam, but valve denied it for some reason. 

how much of a cut would steam take if badspot put it up?

i know he already makes very little from each sale
$9 dollars is almost 50% that is not very little compared to other games. If steam cut in as well badspot would rack in about $5-7 per game. 50% is a lot for a game profit that isn't indie