Author Topic: The OUYA, a new kind of console.  (Read 6933 times)

PC games sales up 230%. Console game sales down 28%
you're right i better go throw out my xbox

you ever look at the stock market? it goes up and down every day.

The only new console I want to see appear would be from Sega if it wouldn't bankrupt them.

Seems interesting. While I don't really like playing console games usually, it could be nice for things like media center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU1zDHCU5yM&feature=g-u-u
Here's a good person who I'm subbed to who already talk about it.

from /v/ with love
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:00:04 PM by Skateaton 2.0 »

Well, a phone has much more constrained resources than a gaming console. If it can run on a phone then a console should be no problem.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console
This is a new console that an indie company is making. It's kickstarter is amazing because it's only been running for a day and it's already hit $600,000 of it's $900,000 goal. (probably even higher than 600k atm because I'm typing slow :p)
Below is just a copypasta from the kickstarter website if you don't want to go to the website for it or something I dunno.
Here are it's specs:

• Tegra3 quad-core processor
  • 1GB RAM         (wat)
  • 8GB of internal flash storage
  • HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth LE 4.0
  • USB 2.0 (one)
  • Wireless controller with standard controls (two brown townog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
  • Android 4.0

it pains me to know someone spent $10,000 on this

you ever look at the stock market? it goes up and down every day.

cept thats not whats happening with the game industry. those numbers are legit and longterm.

it pains me to know someone spent $10,000 on this
Five people, actually.

Good Lord I can think of so many better things to use that much money for. I wonder what went through those people's heads when they donated that much? How did they not look into how shoddy this is?

It's at 4 million right now

I heard about this on /v/, apparently it's gonna be a huge piece of stuff.