Author Topic: Building Tutorial - Suburban Home [pic/text-bomb] Spread the link  (Read 17431 times)

Because there's so many saying that the build sucks I may open myself for the fact that there could be some kind of truth in it. (group pressure) However, I can't really point out any major flaws in the build other than it's too simple. But I've never been the one for bashing down on simpleness. I think simpleness in it's purest can look pretty dashing. It's especially effective on more modern homes, just like this. I think there's a more common problem today (when it comes down to decent builds) that they put too much detail to the build.

Also, just curious. Have anyone downloaded the house?

But knowing the average blocklander, noone is going to read it. It's probably wasted time.. :/

It's pretty much waste of time. If you take this tutorial as an example. You and Jacob are the only ones that actually got benefited, the rest are just saying that it will be good for someone else but not for them. Too pro for tutorials. Believe it or not, I've put down quite a lot of time in this. Don't really know if it was a waste or not yet, thus I could just had seen you Leo in game instead of making this.

I don't get why people are bashing the build. Sure, it's simple. But that's kinda the point, isn't it? It is used to illustrate how to build a simple suburban house. You can't have lots of detail and advanced techniques in an example build. That would just confuse the reader.

I think there's a more common problem today (when it comes down to decent builds) that they put too much detail to the build.
and this.
or spam, as I sometimes call it.

Alright, I'll just bump this a last time to see if anyone missed it. Or else it can die in peace.

Alright, I'll just bump this a last time to see if anyone missed it. Or else it can die in peace.
It's a shame you didn't say something highly controversial, this deserves to be bumped repeatedly

It's a shame you didn't say something highly controversial, this deserves to be bumped repeatedly

I thought there was no point in posting anything that actually meant something, because it would just had continued dying.

I like ponies
Everyone he said something controversial! Discuss for all eternity!

Like I said, the tutorial is good, but you really need to go over coloring and windows more. Houses aren't the same without these features, and that's why I feel like you could've gone farther.

farther man, farther

But it's too soon :(

Very useful, i linked it to some people and it helped them =D good job slev!
I saw many crappy tutorials and this one looks very serious. Good as always x)
People i helped with it now build less spammy, real windows and roof and started using your tutorial to build from their own imagination!

Your tutorial is a win! x10 :cookie:

Wow, this is quite nice.
Even I picked up a few pointers here!

Was told by someone today that this tutorial helped him a lot. It makes your day much brighter when you know that you've made a difference. :)

Also. I enjoyed doing this and I want to do another tutorial (even though I only reach 2-3 pages). I will record while building. Make it a time lapse and add voice commentary afterwards.

All I want to know is... what should the tutorial be about? What theme? All default house, medieval house, urban building etc.

Hm. Ima use this tutorial and try to restart the renovation contest with a new house. Nice work sleven.

-snip-
I think a german-styled house would be cool.
Like these