Author Topic: ▓ Day Z - Blockland Style [Coming Soon] ▓  (Read 10143 times)

hmm I disagree with this person but I can't formulate a response. Oh I know I'll just call him a noob this will surely work and not make me look like an idiot

Yes.

I'm loving tired of seeing ersatz versions of other first person shooters in Blockland. It's boring and stupid. For every competently-run, decently designed deathmatch server, there's at least five Knife Fortress 2 Boss Battles Featuring Left 4 Dead 2Tier+Tactical Weapons servers. For every interesting idea that takes advantage of Blockland's unique abilities like Trench Warfare or even Fort Wars, there's always more Yet Another Grapple Knife TDM server that overshadows it and takes all the players.

If I want to play Day Z, I won't play on this server, I'll play Day Z. If I want to play Team Fortress 2, I won't play on Pecon's server, I'll play Team Fortress 2. If I wanted to play DarkRP, I won't play any of the countless CityRP servers that are up, I'll boot up my copy of GMod.

Stop loving making stuffty versions of other games, and start making your own stuff. It'll be more interesting in the end anyway.

Also, claiming that this server is some sort of service to people who want to play Day Z but can't due to not having a powerful enough computer is a loving joke. What, so people who can't play Day Z will settle for the video game equivalent of cheap imitation instant coffee? I guarantee you that the lion's share of this server will be people who don't even know what Day Z is.
What do you think add-ons are for? What do you think maps are for? What do you think gamemodes are for? To recreate other games. If your gonna go and talk stuff about people just trying to have fun and make a server based on another game, then you can just go forget yourself.

What do you think add-ons are for? What do you think maps are for? What do you think gamemodes are for? To recreate other games. If your gonna go and talk stuff about people just trying to have fun and make a server based on another game, then you can just go forget yourself.
Yes, all custom content is made specifically to recreate other things. This is why GMod servers are full of things like Spacebuild and Trouble in Terrorist Town, which are both derivative game modes based off of other games and totally not original ideas at all.

What do you think add-ons are for? What do you think maps are for? What do you think gamemodes are for? To recreate other games.
Stopped here.

Nope. Wrong.

considering the complexity of controls in Arma II, this will probably be a mediocre rehash and play absolutely nothing like DayZ

I loved playing Day Z, cant wait for this to start.

Bill, i think we should use san fierro gsf paradise crashes people.

When do you think the server will be up?

and then v21 comes
Yes, and that will be a day we'll have to create a new brick map of some sort. At least now we can still use maps like GSF Paradise and not have to have a huge brick count so people complain of it being "laggy".
-snip-
lol you're funny :3

Anyways Blockland has no rules as to what you can do with what you build and what not. We're doing this because we want to and if you wanna hate us for it feel free to :)

And yes I've played Day Z and it's fun and all but some of my friends on here can't afford it / run it so I decided to give myself a challenge and put a simpler version of it into blockland to try.

wowe what a bluzone ripoff
How is it a rip-off?
this looks more like a survival than rp

When do you think the server will be up?
Sorry for quoting my slef lol, I just want to know because I really want to try it out.

Sorry for quoting my slef lol, I just want to know because I really want to try it out.
You would have to ask Mr. Bill as he took the screenshots and has the build but there might of been a small change of plans because of gsf paradise crashing

people who join from blockland and download the map there so we might be using Califronia.

Also cake lancelot our eventer has a server up so fill free to join and help.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:01:29 PM by MonkeyFunkyMonkey »

Unfortunately this project has been scrapped blockland working the way it works wouldnt really be fit for day z so im sorry to say until further notice this project is CLOSED