Swords and Potions - Shopkeeping MMO

Author Topic: Swords and Potions - Shopkeeping MMO  (Read 1661 times)

GAME CAN BE FOUND HERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Swords and Potions, you are in a land of adventure. Quests, monsters, adventurers and more all dot the land. But you are none of these things. No, you are the humble shopkeeper that sells items to these adventurers.

(I am not too far into the game, and it has a good bit to it, so I'm gonna be cheap and copy from the Wiki)
Welcome to Swords & Potions! an online shop management game in which your goal is to become the greatest shopkeeper of Tomagar by taking care of all kinds of customers in an RPG-like world. Indeed, you will meet Knights, Healers, and many more, browsing through your store and willing to buy your valuables to make their quest expeditions easier.

As you might have understood in the small intro above, you will be running an all-purpose shop for RPG-esque customers. Still, if you never played a RPG before, you should still be doing fine, as the main aspect of the game is management. Relevant bits of RPG appear in your shopkeeper skills, but that's all you'll have to worry about.

The worst thing in this game is probably the fact that it is time-based, which means you can't play all day long at a steady pace. You have a maximum of gamedays you can stock up at a time, and they will refill one at a time each 15 minutes (real time) if under the maximum. New players will be granted 9 days when they start the game but their maximum is 5. Players who started before the 11/24/2011 update have a maximum of 7 days.
However, you can extend the maximum to 9, 11 or 14, among other benefits, at the cost of tokens, which requires you to spend real money on the game.

Also, most -if not all- game mechanics focus on numbers and probabilities. If you're not fond of mathematics or don't like to lose at gambling, this game isn't the one that will make your day. Item crafting, successful haggles, worker stats heavily focus on numbers and randomness. And randomness can sometimes be a %$@#§.
There is a stuff ton more to this game than mentioned above, so if you plan on playing then read the entire beginners guide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a guild system in the game, and I made one called the Unification of Blockland. Guild members can help each other out with various things within the game. If you would like to join, I would assume you can NOT make a guild, and that I have to invite you. Post your in-game name and I will get to inviting you as soon as possible.
The guild currently has 2/4 members.
CURRENT GUILD MEMBERS:

Auzman466
Tokthree
WAITING FOR GUILD OPENINGS:
none
TOGETHER, WE SHALL OWN THE BEST SHOPS IN ALL OF TOMAGAR!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:25:00 PM by auzman466 »

*reserved just in case of more info*
stuffninja'd
adminplschangesection;c;c;c
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:56:17 AM by auzman466 »

*reserved just in case of more info*
stuffninja'd

AHAHAHAHA

Belongs in games c:
I might try this out tommorow

Oh god dammit, I'm so tired I put it in the wrong section ;_;
bedtimebedtimebedtime
but i must
keep
PLAYING
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:53:20 AM by auzman466 »

Pretty fun.
I'd be interested in joining the guild, name's Tokthree
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:43:47 AM by Tokthree »

The background music is just too loving relaxing

Almost forgot about the game :x
Pretty fun.
I'd be interested in joining the guild, name's Tokthree
Adding soon.

I joined.
We need someone with a carpenter

I joined.
We need someone with a carpenter
Yeah, I know ;c
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:28:17 PM by auzman466 »

Man, this is fun.
They monetized the stuff out of it, but it tickles that management sim part of my brain which made me love so many other games like it.

By the way, to help guild-mates with their upgrades click this button;

Then select one of the upgrades which need work and put co-operation points into it.
I already helped out on your weapon rack, by the way
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:35:41 PM by Tokthree »

Oh, thanks, was wondering how to do that ._.
EDIT: Welp. I went bankrupt. FIRE SALE!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:47:36 PM by auzman466 »