Author Topic: Starting today, I crash while ghosting on Badspot's Block Party.  (Read 810 times)

It seems to just be his server, and I'm not sure why, but I joined some other one to make sure that was it. Windows gives me the "Blockland has crashed, and now has to close." pop up thingy while ghosting. Console log attached.

I don't know half of what any of this stuff means in these things, but I'm pretty sure this is not good:
Code: [Select]
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3
 - Request was for ''

and it's spammed in there quite nicely.

If you crash while joining a server. It means that it couldn't download data blocks properly. Which means something somewhere is corrupt. My suggestion is to back-up any add-ons and re-install Blockland. If that doesn't work then the problem is an add-on and finding the broken one is pretty much all trial and error.

NOEDIT:   But like I said before, I'm not entirely sure.

How could add-ons I have affect my ability to join another server? Also, I haven't downloaded any add-ons since two days ago, I think.

RTB could be causing it for all you know, however that chance is smaller than my brother's snake.

The only thing I can think of is a corrupt version of Blockland. However, you don't crash on any other server. So either Badspot is testing a new default add-on and it doesn't like you or you have a corrupt version of Blockland.

Butler, that error message is not a problem and will not cause a crash.

OP, try going to your Blockland folder (located in Documents) and renaming the file called cache.db to cache.db.old.

Thanks Greek, but it's still happening.

Try removing all of those client add-ons. The easiest way to do this is to simply rename your add-ons folder.

I only have like four, so it won't be hard to move them one by one.

These are all of your client-sided mods:
System_ReturnToBlockland
Script_SaveSaver
Script_LoadSearch
Script_AutoWrench
Script_Auto-Jet
Map_AdjustablePlate
GUI_Underground
Client_TimeMessages
Client_QuickSave
Client_DoubleClickServerJoin
Client_AdminGUIPlus

Oh, I have more than I thought. No matter.

If it works after removing those, then you will need to add them again, one-by-one until it works.

one-by-one until it works.
*until you figure out which one caused it.