Author Topic: KnifeDM's cheap and 100% legitmate hosting service!  (Read 3246 times)

Actually it was outright deleted. lol

Whoops I'm wrong. Nevermind.

Here's my expose if anyone wants to read it.

So here's my 100% professional review.

• The hosting service appears to be a legitimate attempt.
  • [0]KnifeDM is Gweedo, a guy who attempted to sell (for money) or trade (for cityrpg). he then got banned for soliciting add-ons.
  • KnifeDM is also Factor-X, the friend that used free services to attempt to phish keys from stupid people.
  • [0]KnifeDM is accessing the forums from
65.128.205.250, which, coincidentally, is the same one that his server is hosted at. I speak from experience that browsing the web with remote desktop or VNC is absolute stuff, so why would you do that?
  • The Whois lookup on 65.128.205.250 returned a location hosted by Qwest (A company that does residential internet connections) in some place in denver colorado. The OP says the server is in Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
  • [0]The add-ons on
the server I tested are not rigged in any way to attempt to nab a key when the user inputs it, however, Gweedo/KnifeDM/Factor-X requested I give him my key when I requested a chance to demo the server for this review.
  • He claims he's 14, but his skype profile (he added me so I could demo the FTP) reports him as being 16 with a profile picture of a 16 (closer inspection) 14 y/o male.
  • FTP is not setup, as promised in the OP.
  • [0]He is unable to setup FTP for whatever reason. He "set it up," but it is unconnectable. I suggested port forwarding, he did, no luck there either. I did an NMAP scan while waiting for this, just to see if he knew what he talking about:

Code: [Select]
Nmap scan report for 65-128-205-250.mpls.qwest.net (65.128.205.250)
Host is up (1.1s latency).
Not shown: 986 closed ports
PORT      STATE    SERVICE
20/tcp    filtered ftp-data
21/tcp    filtered ftp
23/tcp    filtered telnet
25/tcp    filtered smtp
53/tcp    filtered domain
80/tcp    open     http
443/tcp   filtered https
445/tcp   filtered microsoft-ds
1782/tcp  filtered hp-hcip
1935/tcp  open     rtmp
2967/tcp  filtered symantec-av
5101/tcp  open     admdog
8080/tcp  filtered http-proxy
10000/tcp filtered snet-sensor-mgmt

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 439.63 seconds

Basically, this suggests that ports 20, 21, 23, 25, 53, 443, 445, 1782, 2967, 8080, and 10000 are all unusable. I believe it means that there are services active, but they are unconnectable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ports 80, 1935, and 5101 are open and connectable, but his webserver is unusable and I don't recognize the other services.

I was unable to connect to FTP, instead getting a timeout error, then I realized something-
He's home hosting! That's right, just like pacnet, he'd been hinting at it all along.

Gweedo is homehosting in order to make a quick buck so he can, and I quote,
[19:07:23][Archinlaid]: When i get donations im upgradeing my servers
Remember Gweedo? The guy that got banned for SELLING ADD-ONS FOR MONEY? Yeah. same guy.
Remember Factor-X? The guy that should be banned for STEALING KEYS (making 20 bucks fast)? Yeah. same guy.
Remember KnifeDM? The guy that's trying to make a dedicated hosting service out of a home server? Yeah. same guy.
Remember Pacnet? The guy that tried to make a hosting service out of a home computer? Yeah. Sam- wait no, different guy, same concept.

Bottom line is this: This is a legitimate attempt at a hosting service, but it's very poorly planned out and the guy running it has a stuffty past.

That's all I have to say, sorry the truth hurts gweedo. I would suggest trying over at the minecraft forums, host minecraft servers - you don't have a stuffty reputation and past over there.

-snip-
you're going to upset seventh, doing all this upstart detectiving.

i already have, twice already. different reasons, though.

I'm positive that the best course of action is to ignore all other hosting services until mine launches, avoid the risk of being scammed or receiving poor service you know.

I'm positive that the best course of action is to ignore all other hosting services until mine launches, avoid the risk of being scammed or receiving poor service you know.

:cookieMonster:

lol'd

all hail the mighty lub guys
hes a professional hosting service

100% legit

The add-ons on the server I tested are not rigged in any way to attempt to nab a key when the user inputs it, however, Gweedo/KnifeDM/Factor-X requested I give him my key when I requested a chance to demo the server for this review.

That is very silly. Aren't things like that strongly condemned by the administration here? Enough for serious action to be taken?

That is very silly. Aren't things like that strongly condemned by the administration here? Enough for serious action to be taken?
To be honest, I think he was just being stupid. He didn't throw a fuss when I told him I wanted to put my key in myself using eval.

He also didn't throw a fuss when I mentioned that I would probably make my own eval command, to further bypass any such logging functionality - after all, you can't package eval(), and it would require very sophisticated systems to automatically add serverCmd's and other functions to a list AS THEY ARE DEFINED to log them, too.

I wonder what Badspot's verdict was?
I think that KnifeDM would have probably waited until he had more users before taking keys, though. If I were to scam people, I'd let some in first and then take the keys when they least expect it.

Take the keys of foolish and less popular people.

Perhaps you just weren't his target and so he went along...

I liked how you assumed that I gave myself this title of, "Alt detective" just to seem better than everyone else, when really all I was doing was posting a drama thread every so often about someone who I thought was a banned user and explaining how I found it out.

Well, this thread is over. Time to request a lock before the stuffposting starts.