Admin X || 0.3 Released - No More Mindcontrol!

Author Topic: Admin X || 0.3 Released - No More Mindcontrol!  (Read 7134 times)

Download (Script_AdminX.zip)

Commands; Commands with * are "hacky" commands and can only be used if the host enables them.
Cloak - Turn invisible and hide name.
Slay [Target] - Force kill [target].
Slap [Target] [Damage] - Damage [target] for [damage] damage.
Mindcontrol* [Target] - Take control of another player.  This will cause the target to bug out, hence being hacky. (Pending for removal.)
[/b]
Features;
-On using ANY command (except for cloak, of course) will announce who ran the command with details (damage, target, etc)
-RTB Prefs
-Customizable spawn message
-Toggle spawn message
-(Coming soon eventually next release) Permission Support

Current version is 0.3.

discuss

Edit: I would like to add that this addon is new, and I plan on adding more things to it as time goes on.

Another Edit: You can abuse admin in general in Blockland.  On top of that, hosts can disable "hacky" commands.  No  point in ruining useful tools for others.  (Mindcontrol is mainly for getting people who block or are AFK out of the way.)
Nothing Mindcontrol can do that any other commands can't, so I removed it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:28:57 PM by brickybob »

All really simply servercmds.

Nice work though, I guess?

With a little more work you could make the client not bug out from losing control of their player by forcing them to spectate their player, but there are still a few unresolved issues even if you do that.

I had a control command, except I made it so the controlled player is set into camera mode around their body, you should probably do the same, also you should remove things like ability to Self Delete

Code: [Select]
//Baldspot made setShapeName defunct on players, so this is the best I can do
:cookieMonster:

Mindcontrol is really abusive, and badmin's bestfriend.

Make a player walk into a pool of lava for fun!

[0]failed to use camelCase properly, (serverCmdCloak is correct usage)
  • no isObject checks anywhere, if the target client's player doesn't exist, it spews a console error out. this is a scripters nightmare, and jetz would've killed you if he had seen this code
  • [0]poor spacing on the package, packaged wrong function: your message will display every time the player spawns, instead of only when you first enter the game - oh hey
onClientEnterGame
  • $pref::server::name returns everything but the host's name, so in "Johnny's a douche" server, you'll get a beautiful "Welcome to a douche!" message
  • [0]you forgot to use camelCase on loving everything agjahsfjkagwfjkawfhawkf
  • checks like this are totally useless: if(%cl.isAdmin || %cl.isSuperAdmin)
    just do if(%cl.isAdmin) BTW you actually got camelCase right there
  • %targetname = findclientbyname(%target).name; could be better used as this: %v = findclientbyname(%target).getPlayerName(); where %v stands for victim
  • I don't honestly believe this will work findclientbyname(%target).player.addhealth(-%power);
  • $pref::server::adminxver = 0.1; you have no current use for this, and why the hell is it a $pref that's stored when the server shuts down?

• another thin-
forget NO you did NOT JUST DO THAT
findclientbyname(%cl.name).setcontrolobject(findclientbyname(%targetname));
findclientbyname(%cl.name)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O
i'm ognna go die- you just defined a client by looking for the clients name

look, i'm not trying to call you stupid, but that line right there makes you look really loving stupid
fix it, learn from your mistake, and never let me catch you doing it again!

forget

replace EVERYTHING HERE findclientbyname(%cl.name) with this %cl

%CL IS ALREADY DEFINED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO FIND THE CLIENT AGAIN - That's the magic of serverCmd's!

You have a LOT OF WORK TO DO, GET CRACK'N

dude you need a mentor to run code past seriously
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:37:57 AM by Lugnut »

I probably would've come up with half of that if I had taken the time to look at the script. =|

I probably would've come up with half of that if I had taken the time to look at the script. =|
i hate to say this: i've seen brickybob's coding help topics - i knew what to look for.
when i saw this add-on i was like "oh forget"

>:|

All I can say after reading Lugnut's post.

[0]%targetname = findclientbyname(%target).name; could be better used as this: %v = findclientbyname(%target).getPlayerName(); where %v stands for victim
The are practically equivalent.

Slap is already made. It's in Munk's server pack.

I do RPs and stories alot with friends and strict restrictions. So the mindcontrol might be good if suddenly they go AFK.

but i dont understand code. so i have no idea what people are freaking out about.

Quote from: title
||

I've influenced you, you are now a part of me.

I know allot of the stuff in Blockland can already be abused....but this is just going too far.