Author Topic: [ACT 1] Subway Stories - A Text Adventure  (Read 1243 times)

Subway Stories

In New York City, the subway is practically the city's lifeline. And it's yours too. Being a college student working for meager minimum wage, you barely scrape by with your tuition payments, and you obviously don't have the cash or resources to have a car.

South Ferry - March 18, 2012, 2 PM

You stand on the cool, yet humid platform. The sounds of a street performer's ukulele can be heard from the far side of the station. As you catch a light breeze from within the subway tunnels, your phone begins to vibrate and chirp incessantly. It's your girlfriend. You quickly fumble with your phone and pull it from your pocket before putting it to your ear.

"Hello?"
"Hey, just wondering if you wanted to see a movie."
"Yeah, I'm in South Ferry, I can be down by 5th Street within 2 hours."
"Great! See you there."

You hang up the phone and push it deep into your pocket, just as you hear the intercom blare it's message of an incoming train. You quickly straighten your bag and stand close to the platform edge to be one of the first on the train. It doesn't matter to you, but you like the pleasure of being one of the first.

The train rolls into the station, and promptly opens its doors. You stride in, and stand off to the side, hanging onto a metal bar. As soon as you grab on, the doors close and you realize that you're the only person in your car. This is extremely astonishing to you, seeing as how the subway is packed at this time of day.

What do you do?

>Keep standing and look out the window.
>Sit down.
>Walk to the doors on either side of the subway car and look through the window to examine the capacity of the cars to the front and back of you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:56:10 PM by Comatose »

>Walk to the doors on either side of the subway car and look through the window to examine the capacity of the cars to the front and back of you.

This one.

This one.

You let go of the bar and begin to stumble across the car, tripping once or twice as the train rocks back and forth. After reaching the door and getting a firm grip on the handle, you put your eyes to the glass and unsurprisingly find the train in front of you is occupied. You turn toward the other door and begin to stumble back to the other side when the train halts for a moment. Nothing unusual, another train is probably occupying the track in front.

You reach the other side to find it also full with tourists coming from the Statue of Liberty. Kids holding knick knacks in their hands, their parents sporting cheesy ballcaps. It makes you sick, but you conclude it's just as good a way to make money as anything. The train then abruptly begins to move once more, and you trip, falling into a seat.

What now?

(I'm going to let people make suggestions now.)

ponder what your name is
edit: and see what's in your bag
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:10:21 PM by carolcat »

Look for reasons as to why the car is empty.

Also name yourself Wallert Frankfurton.

ponder what your name is
edit: and see what's in your bag

You remove the bag strap, and open it. You find various belongings such as your camera, your laptop, your wallet, and your neatly folded jacket. Just to check that you still have your ID, you pull out your wallet and open it. You glance at it and nod. Yes, you, Quinn Awerel, still have your ID. You drop the wallet back in your bag and close it, putting the strap back on. You hold the bag close to you, and begin to think about how hungry you are when screeching is heard from further in the tunnel. Shrugging, you look to your watch for the time. What you see is a reflection of sparks on the glass. You quickly look behind you to see that sparks are indeed coming from the undercarriage of the train. You don't have the time to think of what is happening, as a wheel is ejected from the undercarriage of the train car, derailing it. The car behind you is thrown into your car and causes your car to flip several times.

You obviously have already blacked out, but this has caused a chain reaction, and as a result of improper maintenance of your car, 5 trains have derailed. 235 are dead, and 1 is missing.

You.

END OF INTRODUCTION

Oh dear.

Uuuuh, wake up?

wow okay way to give me the chills

while unconscious, ponder what idiot designed a bag that requires you to remove the strap in order to open it
then wake up

ACT 1 START

You slowly open your eyes. A orange light leaves a sunkist glow upon the walls and ceiling of the tunnel.

At least, you think you're in a tunnel.

You sit up, and hear the crackling of fire. You turn and wince, realizing you've badly injured your shoulder. What you see horrifies you. Two subway trains have collided, leaving a mess of mangled metal and broken glass. An arm can be seen reaching from an open window, but not much else, the side of the car splattered with dark red blood. You vomit, and as you wipe your mouth, you wonder:

What the hell happened, and who are you?

You look around on the ground, finding a bag on the ground. Maybe there's identification?

You reach into the bag, pulling out a wallet. The pattern looks familiar, but you might as well check inside. You open the wallet and find an ID. It belongs to a Quinn Awerel. You assume the identity, seeing as how there's no other name you can go by at the moment. Standing up, you turn toward the trains and yell.

"Hello? Is anybody alive?"

You don't receive an answer, only the sounds of clanking farther down the tunnel. Turning back toward the trains, you look toward a large hole in the subway car ahead. You pick up the bag, put the strap over your shoulder, and walk into the subway car.

As you walk into the subway car, you recognize the smell of burning flesh. Looking down the subway car, you notice a small fire has ignited, burning several bodies into nonrecognition. You turn behind you, to find a door leading into another subway car.

What do you do?

>  I slowly make my way into the car. I keep aware of any noise of other people as i walk into the next train cart. I make my way into the next train cart. I suddenly hear a pair of feetsteps close by.

>Go through the door and then PANIC PANIC PANIC !!!!!

Go through the door.

Duh.

You take a firm grip of the door handle, and pull down, before realizing it's locked from the other side. You look down at your feet to find a metal pole. Dented badly, and somewhat covered in ash, you pick it up, and smash the glass. You stick your hand through the opening, and feel for the lock before unlocking the door, and going through.

The next subway car is much worse. The opposite side of the car has been crushed like a soda can against the tunnel wall, and there are shards of glass everywhere. A trail of blood leads outside through the the right platform door, and through the left platform door is a small, canopied pathway to an emergency exit door.

What now?

> I go through the Emergancy Exit door hopeing for a way out. but at the same time wondering If i should of went through out the whole train looking for suvivors, . . .

follow the blood. if there's a trail, then there has to have been someone or something that made the trail